I had a strange thought

The good news is: Buggy Boy might be working soon.

The bad news is: It requires a 6 Ghz CPU like Nfl Blitz.

HAHA.

--
Bustin' Naughty Folks since 1983

See my custom built upright and cocktail cabinets at:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/supermappy/

Come to chat in #tombstones on preacher.foreverchat.net:6660-6667,7000

MAME: Forever Young!

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 02:56:12 GMT, SuperMappy
<supermappy@REMOVETHIScolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>The good news is: Buggy Boy might be working soon.
>
>The bad news is: It requires a 6 Ghz CPU like Nfl Blitz.
>
>HAHA.

There's no way I'm throttling my 12 Ghz CPU !!

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

PRoToCoL wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 02:56:12 GMT, SuperMappy
> <supermappy@REMOVETHIScolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>The good news is: Buggy Boy might be working soon.
>>
>>The bad news is: It requires a 6 Ghz CPU like Nfl Blitz.
>>
>>HAHA.
>

> There's no way I'm throttling my 12 Ghz CPU !!

Yeah, but you'll need to update from 16k of RAM ;)

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

SuperMappy wrote:
> The good news is: Buggy Boy might be working soon.
>
> The bad news is: It requires a 6 Ghz CPU like Nfl Blitz.
>
> HAHA.

Ummmmm.....Will 2 3GHz Xeons work? <G>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

triarchate@craniologistf.kr
salpiglossis@minimalismf.rw
martialism@indirected.dissocialityy.org
Armadillidium@precoccygealk.gov
bearance@supertemptationd.edu

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:01:19 GMT, MCR <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>>>The good news is: Buggy Boy might be working soon.

>>>The bad news is: It requires a 6 Ghz CPU like Nfl Blitz.

>>>HAHA.

>> There's no way I'm throttling my 12 Ghz CPU !!

>Yeah, but you'll need to update from 16k of RAM ;)

That could be a bottleneck to the system then?

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

PRoToCoL wrote:

>>>There's no way I'm throttling my 12 Ghz CPU !!
>

>>Yeah, but you'll need to update from 16k of RAM ;)
>

> That could be a bottleneck to the system then?

Yeah... with another 32k in a RAM pack you should see the system fly!
Also consider installing a 'hard disk' instead of running from floppy ;-)

--

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:38:13 GMT, MCR <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>>>Yeah, but you'll need to update from 16k of RAM ;)

>> That could be a bottleneck to the system then?

>Yeah... with another 32k in a RAM pack you should see the system fly!
>Also consider installing a 'hard disk' instead of running from floppy ;-)

What!...do you think I'm made of money?

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

PRoToCoL wrote:

>>>That could be a bottleneck to the system then?
>

>>Yeah... with another 32k in a RAM pack you should see the system fly!
>>Also consider installing a 'hard disk' instead of running from floppy ;-)
>

> What!...do you think I'm made of money?

Well at least get a double sided floppy. You know you can make a hole
in the floppy disks you already have to make them double sided too ;-)

--

Mike wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:38:56 GMT, JC wrote:
>

>>http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page4.html
>

> Jesus, what is this... some kind of hoax? 1TB storage and a 6 GHz CPU...in
> a laptop?? Hmm. :p

Ummmmm.....Yes. Yes, it is.....for now.

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

sinner@cloddishnessr.li
reeled@skinboundg.com
undiatonic@reboisementm.com
manesheet@somatad.org
antithetics@aqueduct.unnoosedr.com

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:53:22 GMT, MCR <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>PRoToCoL wrote:

>>>Yeah... with another 32k in a RAM pack you should see the system fly!
>>>Also consider installing a 'hard disk' instead of running from floppy ;-)
>>

>> What!...do you think I'm made of money?
>>

>Well at least get a double sided floppy. You know you can make a hole
>in the floppy disks you already have to make them double sided too ;-)

Wow!!! That brings back memories!!! I used to do that with my
Commodore 64.

Nexus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003

"Deadly_Dad" <XXXspamtrap007@gmail.comXXX> wrote in message
> Mike wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:38:56 GMT, JC wrote:
>>

>>>http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page4.html
>>

>> Jesus, what is this... some kind of hoax? 1TB storage and a 6 GHz
>> CPU...in a laptop?? Hmm. :p
>
> Ummmmm.....Yes. Yes, it is.....for now.

All I can say is that someone was very bored when they did that.

But look at it this way, If someone can think of it, someone WILL make it,
(just give it a few years.)

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Who Dat? wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:53:22 GMT, MCR <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>

>>PRoToCoL wrote:

>>>What!...do you think I'm made of money?
>>>

>>Well at least get a double sided floppy. You know you can make a hole
>>in the floppy disks you already have to make them double sided too ;-)
>

> Wow!!! That brings back memories!!! I used to do that with my
> Commodore 64.

yeah... I did it when i got rid of my ST and bought my Amiga (IIRC),
knocking the hole in the floppy (which was single sided on my ST) made
it compatible with my Double sided amiga 880kb drive :)

--

MCR wrote on 13. September 2005:

> Dr Zoidberg wrote:
>> MCR wrote:
>>
>>>yeah... I did it when i got rid of my ST and bought my Amiga (IIRC),
>>>knocking the hole in the floppy (which was single sided on my ST) made
>>>it compatible with my Double sided amiga 880kb drive :)
>> Hehehe , that brings back memories of sitting there for hours on a
>> night copying dozens of disks.
>> It saved so much time when I got an external second drive to be able
>> to do disk to disk copies.
>>

> Yeah.. and using xcopy around a friends house to get a large
> collection of games.

And beer.

> Ahhh... they were the days :)

Yup.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

MCR wrote:

> yeah... I did it when i got rid of my ST and bought my Amiga (IIRC),
> knocking the hole in the floppy (which was single sided on my ST) made
> it compatible with my Double sided amiga 880kb drive :)

Hehehe , that brings back memories of sitting there for hours on a night
copying dozens of disks.
It saved so much time when I got an external second drive to be able to do
disk to disk copies.

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
> MCR wrote:
>

>>yeah... I did it when i got rid of my ST and bought my Amiga (IIRC),
>>knocking the hole in the floppy (which was single sided on my ST) made
>>it compatible with my Double sided amiga 880kb drive :)
>

> Hehehe , that brings back memories of sitting there for hours on a night
> copying dozens of disks.
> It saved so much time when I got an external second drive to be able to do
> disk to disk copies.

Yeah.. and using xcopy around a friends house to get a large collection
of games. Ahhh... they were the days :)

--

NeXuS wrote:
> I can still remember making a serial cable and linking up with my
> mates 'miggy. Stunt Car Racer was a right blast!

Oh yes!
"Cheating" by watching the other persons screen as they came up behind you
so you knew which way to swerve to knock them off the track :0)

>> Finding 23 pin D connectors was always a pain so I used to get the
>> 25 pin ones from the local Tandy [1] and modify them with hacksaw
>> and pliers. Good times
>>
>> [1] 10 years later I ended up running the shop by a bizarre chain of
>> events. [2]
>> [2] Not so good times
>>
> *snigger*

It was mostly fun at the time
--

MCR wrote:
> Dr Zoidberg wrote:
>> MCR wrote:
>>

>>> yeah... I did it when i got rid of my ST and bought my Amiga (IIRC),
>>> knocking the hole in the floppy (which was single sided on my ST)
>>> made it compatible with my Double sided amiga 880kb drive :)
>>

>> Hehehe , that brings back memories of sitting there for hours on a
>> night copying dozens of disks.
>> It saved so much time when I got an external second drive to be able
>> to do disk to disk copies.
>>

> Yeah.. and using xcopy around a friends house to get a large
> collection of games. Ahhh... they were the days :)

Or getting a pile of 20 or 30 disks and then having to copy them all for
three other people because you knew that next week they'd be doing the same
for you.

--

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
> MCR wrote:
>
>>Dr Zoidberg wrote:

>>>Hehehe , that brings back memories of sitting there for hours on a
>>>night copying dozens of disks.
>>>It saved so much time when I got an external second drive to be able
>>>to do disk to disk copies.
>>>

>>Yeah.. and using xcopy around a friends house to get a large
>>collection of games. Ahhh... they were the days :)
>

> Or getting a pile of 20 or 30 disks and then having to copy them all for
> three other people because you knew that next week they'd be doing the same
> for you.

Yeah. And what was the most irritating Amiga 'feature'? I would say
the continuous clicking from the floppy drive whenever the drive is empty!

Guru meditation!