  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
June 16, 2004 4:33:07 PM

Was looking to upgrade my video card. I saw the nVidia 5900XT chipset cards
are hovering below $200 now, was just wondering how these compare to to the
ATI 9600 and 9800 series. They look to be about as fast as the 9800 PRO but
are a bit cheaper. Any experience here? Thanks in advance.

More about : nvidia 5900xt compared ati cards

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 17, 2004 11:40:29 AM

David Besack wrote:
> Was looking to upgrade my video card. I saw the nVidia 5900XT
> chipset cards are hovering below $200 now, was just wondering how
> these compare to to the ATI 9600 and 9800 series. They look to be
> about as fast as the 9800 PRO but are a bit cheaper. Any experience
> here? Thanks in advance.

"about as fast" as the 9800pro is really "a bit slower" than the 9800pro. I
am a big fan of the 9800pro since I got one a couple of months ago. It all
depends on the area your in and what cards are available at what prices.
!