nvidia 5900XT compared to ATI cards

Was looking to upgrade my video card. I saw the nVidia 5900XT chipset cards
are hovering below $200 now, was just wondering how these compare to to the
ATI 9600 and 9800 series. They look to be about as fast as the 9800 PRO but
are a bit cheaper. Any experience here? Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about nvidia 5900xt compared cards

    David Besack wrote:
    > Was looking to upgrade my video card. I saw the nVidia 5900XT
    > chipset cards are hovering below $200 now, was just wondering how
    > these compare to to the ATI 9600 and 9800 series. They look to be
    > about as fast as the 9800 PRO but are a bit cheaper. Any experience
    > here? Thanks in advance.

    "about as fast" as the 9800pro is really "a bit slower" than the 9800pro. I
    am a big fan of the 9800pro since I got one a couple of months ago. It all
    depends on the area your in and what cards are available at what prices.

Homebuilt Nvidia ATI Systems