Reset button stopped working

Phisherman

After a power outage during a storm, my Reset button stopped working.
Now I need to power off, wait a few minutes, then power up to get
everything to boot. A warm boot no longer works. Is this due to the
P/S or the motherboard? Everything was plugged into a
surge-protector during the outage. Occasionally I'll get a memory
test fail during the boot up.

In article <in77d0dinjtblmn4knejs11dg1uuo1raqb@4ax.com>, Phisherman
says...
> After a power outage during a storm, my Reset button stopped working.
> Now I need to power off, wait a few minutes, then power up to get
> everything to boot. A warm boot no longer works. Is this due to the
> P/S or the motherboard? Everything was plugged into a
> surge-protector during the outage. Occasionally I'll get a memory
> test fail during the boot up.

Mobo.

Phisherman <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message news:<in77d0dinjtblmn4knejs11dg1uuo1raqb@4ax.com>...

> After a power outage during a storm, my Reset button stopped
> working. Now I need to power off, wait a few minutes, then
? power up to get everything to boot. A warm boot no longer
> works. Is this due to the P/S or the motherboard? Everything
> was plugged into a surge-protector during the outage.
> Occasionally I'll get a memory test fail during the boot up.

Try clearing the CMOS memory, either by temporarily moving its battery
jumper to the correct pins or by removing the battery overnight. If
neither helps, then damage may have occurred, most likely to the
motherboard.

Surge protectors vary greatly in quality, even among UL1449 certified
protectors with the same voltage rating. The better protectors all
include an L-C filter (chokes and capacitors) in addition to the usual
3 sets of MOVs.