Dell Axim

August 11, 2004 11:30:31 AM

My Dell Axim X5 had a problem so I backed up all the data
to a SD Card. Once I had fixed the Dell I was unable to
restore the back up. It locks up at 71% every time. I
have upgraded the rom and done everything Dell can think
of. I am looking of any software that will let me look at
this back up file. It is a .dbk database. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bob

More about : dell axim

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 5:32:04 PM

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:30:31 -0700, bob

> My Dell Axim X5 had a problem so I backed up all the data
> to a SD Card. Once I had fixed the Dell I was unable to
> restore the back up. It locks up at 71% every time. I
> have upgraded the rom and done everything Dell can think
> of. I am looking of any software that will let me look at
> this back up file. It is a .dbk database. Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Bob

One thing that might help is using a card reader to copy the backup to
another location (and all other info on the SD card) and then formatting
the card. Then copying the backup back to the SD card and trying again.
It could be just a bad sector or something that needs to be unfragmented.

--
Brad Isaac
editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com

Secondly, it might be because of the ROM update.
restoring a backup that was made prior to applying an update is
generally a bad idea, because it breaks what was fixed, and can
also cause new problems because of that.

~S.

"Brad Isaac" <admin@pocketpcaddict_stopspams.com> wrote in
news:o psckwbqvjkcawap@news.microsoft.com:

--
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

What was it that you backed up originally...everything or just the PIM data?
If it is just the PIM data the syncing with Outllook should restore that.
Ray

!