Recommendations for printers that print directly on printa..

Maybe a little OT, but this is where the people whose opinions I value
hang out! :)

Epson makes a couple of models, but I got a bit disenchanted with them
for not supporting their printers with updated drivers long enough.

TIA!

Larc

In article <4qo8d0h83pog0hddplo6qjm9qrn1rr1q2d@4ax.com>,
Larc <larc-news@jupiterlink.net> wrote:
>Maybe a little OT, but this is where the people whose opinions I value
>hang out! :)
>
>Epson makes a couple of models, but I got a bit disenchanted with them
>for not supporting their printers with updated drivers long enough.
>
>TIA!
>
>Larc
>

> §§§ - Change planet to earth to reply by email - §§§

The Epson R-series printers are recent models and can do this and have
gotten good reviews.

I see printers purpose-built for printing labels on CDs for about $99
in the big computer stores, but you can get an Epson R model for that.

--
Al Dykes
-----------

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:48:49 +0100, "Paul"
<paulstevens2004@hotpop.com> wrote:

>Canon i865, in my opinion the best, I have had numerous cd printers and in
>my opinion nother comes near the i865.

If you can get them though. Last I heard, Canon was resricted from
selling CD capable printers into the US market.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:21:29 -0400, Gary Tait
<classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote:

| On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:48:49 +0100, "Paul"
| <paulstevens2004@hotpop.com> wrote:
|
| >Canon i865, in my opinion the best, I have had numerous cd printers and in
| >my opinion nother comes near the i865.
| >

| If you can get them though. Last I heard, Canon was resricted from
| selling CD capable printers into the US market.

I'm afraid that's right. That model doesn't show up on their US site.

Larc

On 19 Jun 2004 12:22:01 -0400, adykes@panix.com (Al Dykes) wrote:

| In article <4qo8d0h83pog0hddplo6qjm9qrn1rr1q2d@4ax.com>,
| Larc <larc-news@jupiterlink.net> wrote:
| >Maybe a little OT, but this is where the people whose opinions I value
| >hang out! :)
| >
| >Epson makes a couple of models, but I got a bit disenchanted with them
| >for not supporting their printers with updated drivers long enough.
| >
| >TIA!
| >
| >Larc
| >

| > §§§ - Change planet to earth to reply by email - §§§
|

| The Epson R-series printers are recent models and can do this and have
| gotten good reviews.
|
| I see printers purpose-built for printing labels on CDs for about $99
| in the big computer stores, but you can get an Epson R model for that.

Thanks. I may have to resort to that, but I have a nearly worthless
Epson printer that no XP driver was ever released for even though it
was less than two years old when XP came out. That left a fairly
bitter impression of Epson.

news@jupiterlink.net says...
> Maybe a little OT, but this is where the people whose opinions I value
> hang out! :)
>
> Epson makes a couple of models, but I got a bit disenchanted with them
> for not supporting their printers with updated drivers long enough.

I personally own two Epson Stylus Photo R300's and I could not live
without them. I have added CD/DVD duplication to my business and using
the Epson printer's we do printing in small numbers and it's been highly
successful.

The color quality is outstanding and I've saved hundreds of dollars on
CD labels which are almost expensive as blank media.

--Dave

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:07:11 -0400, Dave Navarro <dave@dave.dave>
wrote:

| I personally own two Epson Stylus Photo R300's and I could not live
| without them. I have added CD/DVD duplication to my business and using
| the Epson printer's we do printing in small numbers and it's been highly
| successful.
|
| The color quality is outstanding and I've saved hundreds of dollars on
| CD labels which are almost expensive as blank media.

Looks as if that's what I'll have to go for. Newegg has the R300 for
only $128 after a $50 rebate (also free shipping). But the R200 is
even less at $99. Doesn't seem to be much difference between the two
except for size and the R300's ability to print directly from digital
cam media. Same max resolution, printing speed, colors and nozzles
according to info.

Whatever I get will be used only for CDs, DVDs and an occasional pic.
I'll still do all my text printing on an old HP laser.

Larc

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:22:05 GMT, Larc <larc-news@jupiterlink.net>
wrote:

| On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:07:11 -0400, Dave Navarro <dave@dave.dave>
| wrote:
|
| | I personally own two Epson Stylus Photo R300's and I could not live
| | without them. I have added CD/DVD duplication to my business and using
| | the Epson printer's we do printing in small numbers and it's been highly
| | successful.
| |
| | The color quality is outstanding and I've saved hundreds of dollars on
| | CD labels which are almost expensive as blank media.
|
| Looks as if that's what I'll have to go for. Newegg has the R300 for
| only $128 after a $50 rebate (also free shipping).

Oops! I spoke too soon. That $50 rebate on the R300 is tied to an
additional purchase of a digital camera! :-(

Larc