Cordata

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

In the new issue of FHM, there's an ad for a new Asteroids watch from
Fossil. Although their site has a typo in the link to the picture,
when you click on "Zoom Photo", it shows an animation of how the game
actually plays behind the two clock hands.

I only see a few problems with this product...

1. $130.00
2. Only 5000 will be made, 2000 of those will be in the U.S.
3. I'm not sure when a port of MAME will be available for the watch...
:)

http://www.fossil.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=26508&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=961&iSubCat=2367&iProductID=26508

--
Cordata
http://abem.mametitles.com - alt.binaries.emulators.mame FAQ

Cordata thought about it a bit, then said...
> In the new issue of FHM, there's an ad for a new Asteroids watch from
> Fossil. Although their site has a typo in the link to the picture,
> when you click on "Zoom Photo", it shows an animation of how the game
> actually plays behind the two clock hands.
>
> I only see a few problems with this product...
>
> 1. $130.00
> 2. Only 5000 will be made, 2000 of those will be in the U.S.
> 3. I'm not sure when a port of MAME will be available for the watch...
> :)
>
> http://www.fossil.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=26508&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=961&iSubCat=2367&iProductID=26508

Neat...of course, if it would let you actually _play_ Asteroids it'd be
a whole lot cooler. ;-)

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote in

> Neat...of course, if it would let you actually _play_ Asteroids it'd
> be a whole lot cooler. ;-)

It doesn't? I got the impression it did.

--
Do you want a free iPod?
http://www.freeipods.com/?r=15154431

Peale thought about it a bit, then said...
> Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote in
>
> > Neat...of course, if it would let you actually _play_ Asteroids it'd
> > be a whole lot cooler. ;-)
>
> It doesn't? I got the impression it did.

Doesn't look like it - it's just a group of animated LCD images.
Besides, there are no controls. ;-)

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
www.retroblast.com

Cordata

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:17:12 -0400, Kevin Steele
<net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote:

>Peale thought about it a bit, then said...
>> Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote in
>>
>> > Neat...of course, if it would let you actually _play_ Asteroids it'd
>> > be a whole lot cooler. ;-)
>>
>> It doesn't? I got the impression it did.
>
>Doesn't look like it - it's just a group of animated LCD images.
>Besides, there are no controls. ;-)

I don't think it's playable either... I went back and watched that
animation again, and the ship seems to randomly jump around and shoot
things. Maybe that's how it really moves, maybe it's just that flash
animation...

Either way, it's nice to look at...

--

Cordata wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:17:12 -0400, Kevin Steele
> <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote:
>

>>Peale thought about it a bit, then said...
>>
>>>Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote in

>>>It doesn't? I got the impression it did.
>>
>>Doesn't look like it - it's just a group of animated LCD images.
>>Besides, there are no controls. ;-)
>

> I don't think it's playable either... I went back and watched that
> animation again, and the ship seems to randomly jump around and shoot
> things. Maybe that's how it really moves, maybe it's just that flash
> animation...
>
> Either way, it's nice to look at...

I was thinking that the same dial that changes the time would serve the
function of rotating the ship. And there's another single push button
for fire. I would think the animation showed is jsut a simple flash
animation, not the real product in action. Of course I could be wrong.

innocent_lamb wrote on 13. September 2005:

> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:50:01 -0400, Kevin Steele wrote:
>
>> MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>>> if it had been playable, I would have bought one for sure.
>>
>> I hate to admit it, but I would have too. ;-)
>
> Can lambs wear watches?
>
> Oh well....

Probably four of them.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

In news:<KyFVe.21602$uD6.11153@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>, J-Rod <J-
Rod@neo.rr.com> says...
> Cordata wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:17:12 -0400, Kevin Steele
> > <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote:
> >>Peale thought about it a bit, then said...
> >>Doesn't look like it - it's just a group of animated LCD images.
> >>Besides, there are no controls. ;-)
> > I don't think it's playable either... I went back and watched that
> > animation again, and the ship seems to randomly jump around and shoot
> > things. Maybe that's how it really moves, maybe it's just that flash
> > animation...
> > Either way, it's nice to look at...
> I was thinking that the same dial that changes the time would serve the
> function of rotating the ship. And there's another single push button
> for fire. I would think the animation showed is jsut a simple flash
> animation, not the real product in action. Of course I could be wrong.

Not playable.

http://www.thegreenhead.com/cool-stuff/2005/08/fossil-and-atari-
animated-watches.php

/Kristoffer

--
This cookie has a scrap of paper inside. It reads:
Rng lbhe pneebgf. Gurl'er tbbq sbe lbhe rlrf.

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Kristoffer Björkman wrote:
> In news:<KyFVe.21602$uD6.11153@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>, J-Rod <J-
> Rod@neo.rr.com> says...
>
>>Cordata wrote:

>>>I don't think it's playable either... I went back and watched that
>>>animation again, and the ship seems to randomly jump around and shoot
>>>things. Maybe that's how it really moves, maybe it's just that flash
>>>animation...
>>>Either way, it's nice to look at...
>>
>>I was thinking that the same dial that changes the time would serve the
>>function of rotating the ship. And there's another single push button
>>for fire. I would think the animation showed is jsut a simple flash
>>animation, not the real product in action. Of course I could be wrong.
>

> Not playable.
>
> http://www.thegreenhead.com/cool-stuff/2005/08/fossil-and-atari-
> animated-watches.php
>
> /Kristoffer

if it had been playable, I would have bought one for sure.

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk

innocent_lamb wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:50:01 -0400, Kevin Steele wrote:
>

>>MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>>
>>>if it had been playable, I would have bought one for sure.
>>
>>I hate to admit it, but I would have too. ;-)
>

> Can lambs wear watches?
>
> Oh well....

If they pay, why not? :)

--

K.os wrote on 13. September 2005:

> In a parallel universe, Anti-Andreas Kohlbach said exactly the opposite
> of:

> Yaaaaaaaaaargh!

Ouw.

> I'm just happy some archives ignore XNA. Even if a post is trivial, when
> you go back to read an old thread it looks like swiss cheese.

Okay (removed the line from this article). But I have this line default
for any aricle I write. That's why I consider most of my articles not
worth to put them into a database and save them for eternity. Who wants
to get bored of my articles in 20 years? ;-)

Those wo I think are worth (when I help to solve a problem) don't have
this header in case ine day somebody else has the same problem, and can
find mine on groups.google.com.

> [snip Lambs and Watches]

/me watches Lamby wearing watches.
--

Hellmark wrote on 13. September 2005:

> innocent_lamb's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>
>> Can lambs wear watches?
>> Oh well....
>
> Sure can.
>
> I'd have tried to get one too if it was playable.

Would be cool if you can also play other games. But then Ikari Worrier
and others with two joysticks could be little hard to play on your wrist
watch. ;-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

In a parallel universe, Anti-Andreas Kohlbach said exactly the opposite
of:

Yaaaaaaaaaargh!

I'm just happy some archives ignore XNA. Even if a post is trivial, when
you go back to read an old thread it looks like swiss cheese.

[snip Lambs and Watches]
> Probably four of them.

LOL!

Beware the Millipede! :p

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

<AHEM> You mean http://tinyurl.com/ch48t don't you? <EG>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

unsecuredness@oxanilateg.org
symphysion@metataxic.preauditoryz.fi
inosculation@microstomea.edu
philosophastry@surfaced.consentfullyk.com
nanism@unrehearsingg.int

innocent_lamb thought about it a bit, then said...
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:35:57 -0400, Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>
> > me watches Lamby wearing watches.
>
> tick... tick... tick.... tick....
>
> Oh dear...
>
> tick... tick... tick... tick...
>
> Dear me....
>
> tick... tick... tick... tick...
>
> http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/41/53/52/78/0041535278106_215X215.jpg
>
> *shake shake shake*
>
> Brrrrrr!
>
> Ahhhh... much better!

Why does this remind me of the old Johnny Carson joke:

Answer: "Sis Boom Bah!"

Question: "What is the sound of an exploding sheep?"