Hi-Speed USB device plugged into non high-speed port???

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
June 22, 2004 8:56:52 PM

Keep getting a "Hi-Speed deciced blugged into non hi-speed port" baloon
message in the system tray whenever i turn my EPSON RX500 printer on.
Motherboard is ASUS P4C800E-Delux, and all USB ports are of the 2.0 variant,
Printer still works, and appears to be working in the high speed mode as
well. Anyone know whats up with the error message? How to make it go away?
Have checked for patches, everything is current. Remember seeing a related
patch at windowsupdate once upon a time, but i guess that was included in
teh SP1 patch a few months ago. Running WinXPpro.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 22, 2004 8:56:53 PM

The message means that your high-speed USB 2.0 port is connected to a
non-hi-speed USB port on your printer. I don't know of any way to suppress
the message but you can safely ignore it.

"nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
news:o xZBc.89137$eu.47867@attbi_s02...
> Keep getting a "Hi-Speed deciced blugged into non hi-speed port" baloon
> message in the system tray whenever i turn my EPSON RX500 printer on.
> Motherboard is ASUS P4C800E-Delux, and all USB ports are of the 2.0
variant,
> Printer still works, and appears to be working in the high speed mode as
> well. Anyone know whats up with the error message? How to make it go
away?
> Have checked for patches, everything is current. Remember seeing a
related
> patch at windowsupdate once upon a time, but i guess that was included in
> teh SP1 patch a few months ago. Running WinXPpro.

June 23, 2004 5:39:54 AM

In article <oxZBc.89137$eu.47867@attbi_s02>, no.spam@me says...
> Keep getting a "Hi-Speed deciced blugged into non hi-speed port" baloon
> message in the system tray whenever i turn my EPSON RX500 printer on.
> Motherboard is ASUS P4C800E-Delux, and all USB ports are of the 2.0 variant,
> Printer still works, and appears to be working in the high speed mode as
> well. Anyone know whats up with the error message? How to make it go away?
> Have checked for patches, everything is current. Remember seeing a related
> patch at windowsupdate once upon a time, but i guess that was included in
> teh SP1 patch a few months ago. Running WinXPpro.

I got a similar message the other day on my Epson 2400 scanner. The
wierd thing is that it's been running for about 2 months without any
messages at all. I have the same motherboard.

The only thing I know happened, is that my electricity went wierd, all
the lights started to dim and my battery backup came on for about a
minute.

Then all went back to normal except that I suddenly had this baloon. I
rebooted and it went away again...

Louise
a b B Homebuilt system
June 23, 2004 3:16:42 PM

Its actually plugged into the ONLY USB port on the printer, everything on
the PC itself is 2.0 compliant. I don't see why it would matter whats
plugged INTO the 2.0 ports... i never get a mesage with my USB1 keyboard and
mouse.....

"Don Briggs" <Don_B@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The message means that your high-speed USB 2.0 port is connected to a
> non-hi-speed USB port on your printer. I don't know of any way to suppress
> the message but you can safely ignore it.
>

> "nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
> news:o xZBc.89137$eu.47867@attbi_s02...
> > Keep getting a "Hi-Speed deciced blugged into non hi-speed port" baloon
> > message in the system tray whenever i turn my EPSON RX500 printer on.
> > Motherboard is ASUS P4C800E-Delux, and all USB ports are of the 2.0
> variant,
> > Printer still works, and appears to be working in the high speed mode as
> > well. Anyone know whats up with the error message? How to make it go
> away?
> > Have checked for patches, everything is current. Remember seeing a
> related
> > patch at windowsupdate once upon a time, but i guess that was included
in
> > teh SP1 patch a few months ago. Running WinXPpro.

June 26, 2004 11:38:23 AM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:56:52 GMT, "nooneimportant" <no.spam@me> wrote:

>Keep getting a "Hi-Speed deciced blugged into non hi-speed port" baloon
>message in the system tray whenever i turn my EPSON RX500 printer on.
>Motherboard is ASUS P4C800E-Delux, and all USB ports are of the 2.0 variant,
>Printer still works, and appears to be working in the high speed mode as
>well. Anyone know whats up with the error message? How to make it go away?
>Have checked for patches, everything is current. Remember seeing a related
>patch at windowsupdate once upon a time, but i guess that was included in
>teh SP1 patch a few months ago. Running WinXPpro.

I got the same message when I set up my GA-K8NS Pro and plugged my USB
2.0 external HD in. I also have WinXP Pro SP1. It turned out that I
needed to install the USB 2.0 driver from the CD that came with the
mobo.
!