Which video card for dedicated DVR PC?

I am shopping for parts for a dedicated media PC to sit next to my TV. What
video cards should I look at?

Thanks!
--Dan

"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> said:

> I am shopping for parts for a dedicated media PC to sit next to my
> TV. What video cards should I look at?

If you are do any serious gaming on it then get the best ATI card you can
afford with tv-out. If you're not going do serious gaming then get a
9200se. If you want all the bells & whistles get an All in Wonder. If you
have an HDTV, wait a little while because none of the current cards have
native support for HDTV.

--
Mac Cool

> I am shopping for parts for a dedicated media PC to sit next to my TV.
What
> video cards should I look at?
>
> Thanks!
> --Dan

If all you're going to do is watch stuff on your TV, you could probably get
away with on-board VGA. But I would go for a decent processor and a fair
amount of RAM so if you want to record in high-quality formats (for DVD
authoring perhaps) your processor can keep up.