Which video card for dedicated DVR PC?

I am shopping for parts for a dedicated media PC to sit next to my TV. What
video cards should I look at?

Thanks!
--Dan
2 answers Last reply
More about which video card dedicated

    "dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> said:

    > I am shopping for parts for a dedicated media PC to sit next to my
    > TV. What video cards should I look at?

    If you are do any serious gaming on it then get the best ATI card you can
    afford with tv-out. If you're not going do serious gaming then get a
    9200se. If you want all the bells & whistles get an All in Wonder. If you
    have an HDTV, wait a little while because none of the current cards have
    native support for HDTV.

    --
    Mac Cool

    > I am shopping for parts for a dedicated media PC to sit next to my TV.
    What
    > video cards should I look at?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --Dan

    If all you're going to do is watch stuff on your TV, you could probably get
    away with on-board VGA. But I would go for a decent processor and a fair
    amount of RAM so if you want to record in high-quality formats (for DVD
    authoring perhaps) your processor can keep up.

Homebuilt Hardware Graphics Cards DVR Systems