Z26 Remap Not Working ArcadeOS

Am attempting to launch Z26 from Arcadeos so I can take advantage of
the remap feature to be able to play the games from my cab.

Problem is, the remaps in the Z26.app file don't seem to work. F1, F2
and F3 are remapped in the .app file correctly but this has no effect
and games cannot be started or played 'MAME style'.

Anyone else come across this problem and if so what's the solution?

I used this download, and the keys are already mapped for MAME. I use it
with MAMEWAH.

http://www.screenshotarchive.com/downloads_emus.htm

Daremo