Another Flip Flop for Romney

Right...

Remember when Obama said this in early 2009?
You know, a year from now, I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress but there is still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition.

Now Obama is campaigning again stating he needs another term to deliver on what he said he would do in his first three years as President.

Talk about flip-flop...

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
You know your candidate flip flops when they have their own "Flip Flop" page on politifact. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/may/18/politifacts-guide-mitt-romneys-flip-flops/

Just for the record I hate the phrase "Flip Flop", a candidate changing his views is more than acceptable, I even encourage it. But with Mitt here it seems to me that he is just changing his beliefs to get the most votes possible, like the good politician he is.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
You mean like the phony he is.

riser

Illustrious

As a governor, he should have thoughts around his State. As a Presidential candidate, the thoughts should grow larger and change for the country. I do like how he has stated, to the effect of, "What works for a State doesn't necessarily work for the Country." That's the is root idea of why we have three levels of government. Federal, State, and Local. You take a Mayor of a mid-sized city that is doing well, that doesn't translate into doing great as President of the Country. Though, I would suspect that someone of that caliber would be able to have the critical thinking ability to do what is best on a larger scale with different issues.

Fact is, few people are ever really ready to take on the role of President each election. Things change so much. Right now, the Economy is the major issue for all Americans, not social projects. Romney is the better solution right now for Economic issues. If the economy was good and social issues were the major issue, Obama would be the better candidate 4 years ago (this year, he still isn't since he failed at that too).