Epson ink level defeat

I have 3 epson 880 printers and certainly there must be a way to get in the
electronics and give an IC pin a permanent logic high or low to DEFEAT this
damn ink usage indicator.

I finally figured out how to refill without removing cartridges (keeping air
out of the system) but the ink level thing is my last hurdle.

What are my options?......like I say, I'd really like to get into the guts
and find out what pin is reacting to this sensor and fool it.

Is it doing this in software?....checking for a cart removal and then
"estimating" ?
5 answers Last reply
More about epson level defeat

    "EBG" <maberger@comcast.net> wrote in

    > I have 3 epson 880 printers and certainly there must be a way to get
    > in the electronics and give an IC pin a permanent logic high or low to
    > DEFEAT this damn ink usage indicator.
    >
    > I finally figured out how to refill without removing cartridges
    > (keeping air out of the system) but the ink level thing is my last
    > hurdle.
    >
    > What are my options?......like I say, I'd really like to get into the
    > guts and find out what pin is reacting to this sensor and fool it.
    >
    > Is it doing this in software?....checking for a cart removal and then
    > "estimating" ?

    "Universal™ Chip Resetter for Epson cartridges will reset the "smart chip"
    on ALL Epson cartridges multiple times. Reset cartridge chips to factory
    specs, showing full ink levels and providing the same number of cycles as
    when the chip was new.

    This device works indefinitely and can be extended by simply replacing the
    3 small batteries the same way you would replace a battery in a wrist
    watch."

    http://snipurl.com/8tps

    The 880 printer doesn't use the Intelledge chipped cartridges. It was
    one of the last Epson printers without it. The problem he speaks about
    is due to an internal counter. I'm sure there is a rest via the front
    panel somehow, but I don't know the correct sequence for this printer.

    Art

    Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > The 880 printer doesn't use the Intelledge chipped cartridges. It was
    > one of the last Epson printers without it. The problem he speaks about
    > is due to an internal counter. I'm sure there is a rest via the front
    > panel somehow, but I don't know the correct sequence for this printer.
    >
    > Art

    It says here that this program supports the 880 printer for what you
    require.

    http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

    rm

    > http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

    Thanks.....Great software.

    I love these freeware authors.

    Thanks for that information, Rob.

    I have never personally used this program, and some, maybe even many,
    people have had success with it, but I have received reports of it
    occasionally so disrupting the firmware as to make the printer unusable.

    I honestly don't know if this is due to mistakes in their code, older
    versions, people misunderstanding instructions or trying wrong versions
    on wrong printers, or other more malicious reasons.

    At one point, there was some talk of the program containing some type of
    spyware.

    Perhaps someone who knows more about the program can comment further.

    Art

    Rob wrote:

    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >
    >> The 880 printer doesn't use the Intelledge chipped cartridges. It was
    >> one of the last Epson printers without it. The problem he speaks
    >> about is due to an internal counter. I'm sure there is a rest via the
    >> front panel somehow, but I don't know the correct sequence for this
    >> printer.
    >>
    >> Art
    >>

    > It says here that this program supports the 880 printer for what you
    > require.
    >
    > http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
    >
    > rm

Printers Epson Peripherals