ad hoc Wireless Network workgroup

I am attempting to wirelessly connect my two WiFi laptops (both with XP).
I've run Wireless Network Setup Wizard and have Status: "connected", Signal
Strength: "excellent" on each unit.
Network Setup Wizard has been run on both units with a dial up Internet
connection to one laptop and the other told to connect through the first.
Windows Firewall has all the exceptions allowed.
Problem: Only the resident computer shows up in the workgroup on each unit.
Consequently, I can't access either computer over the Wireless Network, and
can't share files or the Internet.

What must I do to solve this problem?

--
Jim G

I now have the two laptops talking wirelessly. I had to disable WEP data
encryption. It was asking for a network key and I didn't have one. I tried to
enter one but, it didn't seem to work. Anyway, I don't need the security as I
live miles from any main roads or people.
--
Jim G