SATA boot problem with SK8V/KT800

? Can anyone offer any explanation as to why when I boot from Seagate
SATA 120GB disk (VIA controller not fastTrack) there is a thirty
second delay before the system voice reports a successful POST ?
(My PIDE 133 seagate barracuda 120gb boots in no time)
I have also had data corruption on my SATA disk, I ran Seagate's disk
utility and the disk is fine, data errors reported only.

Running chkdsk from windows reveals most items as
"Correcting error in index $I30 for file 29."
"Recovering orphaned file winstrm.dll (2096) into directory file 29."
it means nothing to me but this is done for most files.

The data corruption 'could' be from attempted overclocks??

My main concern is for the thirty second delay, I have bios 1002.019
(the latest)

- Why am I experiencing this boot problem ?

Thanks

- Robin

Paul

Splendid

I had the same problem with my Gigabyte board, slow or no POST
and data corruption "reported" on my new WD 120 SATA.

Both problems were fixed after updating my BIOS.

Also have a look through your BIOS settings for hardrive search time
this may be set too high.

Regards,

Paul