Asus wireless network card issue

Does anyone know why the asus wireless card (WL-138G) requires the asus
control centre utility to be running before the card will connect to
anything?

I'm running Windows 2000 and this issue means the wireless card will not
connect until I log into windows (which is when the control centre utililty
starts up). I've tried configuring the connection parameters in the cards
property page (control panel / hardware / devices) but it just will not
connect without the utility!

I need the wireless card to behave in the same way as a wired network would,
ie connecting as soon as windows starts up without anyone having to log in
first.

Thank,
Shaun.

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Don't know why, but you might check to see if this is relevant. I am not
sure what the "Lunch" has to do with anything. ;)

Did you load all the drivers for the card?

Clark

"Code Developer" <codedeveloper2002@removethisbityahoo.co.uk> wrote in
message news:deXue.4208$BD2.3870@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> Does anyone know why the asus wireless card (WL-138G) requires the asus
> control centre utility to be running before the card will connect to
> anything?
>
> I'm running Windows 2000 and this issue means the wireless card will not
> connect until I log into windows (which is when the control centre
> utililty
> starts up). I've tried configuring the connection parameters in the cards
> property page (control panel / hardware / devices) but it just will not
> connect without the utility!
>
> I need the wireless card to behave in the same way as a wired network
> would,
> ie connecting as soon as windows starts up without anyone having to log in
> first.
>
> Thank,
> Shaun.

Clark