Have an AT PSU. Can it fit on at ATX Motherboard ??

As topic says.

Is it possible to fit an old AT PSU onto an old ASUS P2B Motherboard (ATX)

The thing I am missing is the prober plug form the PSU. It only have the AT
connections. And the MB has the ATX plug.

Can it be done??

I do not need the features of the ATX MB, just for it to run.

Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about have motherboard

    SnoopyDog wrote:

    > As topic says.
    >
    > Is it possible to fit an old AT PSU onto an old ASUS P2B Motherboard (ATX)
    >
    > The thing I am missing is the prober plug form the PSU. It only have the AT
    > connections. And the MB has the ATX plug.
    >
    > Can it be done??
    >
    > I do not need the features of the ATX MB, just for it to run.

    The AT supply is missing the +3.3v supply, the +5vsb circuit, and the
    PS_ON circuit. All are required by the ATX MB. The latter two *might*
    have "work arounds" possible, but the former is needed (unless you
    want to do some engineering.)

    So....no.

    I had the same problem with AMD 2.8 xp pro + or what ever they call their
    2.1 gig CP in an Asus board.

    Replacing the thermal pad with the paste stuff fixed it.

    You CANNOT use an AT power supply on an ATX board.

    --
    DaveW

    "SnoopyDog" <familienkjeldsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > As topic says.
    >
    > Is it possible to fit an old AT PSU onto an old ASUS P2B Motherboard (ATX)
    >
    > The thing I am missing is the prober plug form the PSU. It only have the
    AT
    > connections. And the MB has the ATX plug.
    >
    > Can it be done??
    >
    > I do not need the features of the ATX MB, just for it to run.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

Homebuilt ATX Motherboards Systems