How can I find out what has changed with bios updates?

I bought an Asus CUV4X-M P3 motherboard for a little project. I checked
the Asus website and they have the original specs which state it supports
300-800Mhz CPUs; but I'm wondering if it supports faster processors with a
bios update. The Asus website only mentions two bios updates but there
might be previous updates not mentioned.
--
Mac Cool

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:28:31 GMT, Mac Cool <Mac@2cool.com> wrote:

| I bought an Asus CUV4X-M P3 motherboard for a little project. I checked
| the Asus website and they have the original specs which state it supports
| 300-800Mhz CPUs; but I'm wondering if it supports faster processors with a
| bios update. The Asus website only mentions two bios updates but there
| might be previous updates not mentioned.

If you need an updated BIOS, only concern yourself with the latest
BIOS version for your mobo. That will have everything added along the
way unless something didn't work as well as initially thought and was
cut out.

Larc

Larc wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:28:31 GMT, Mac Cool <Mac@2cool.com> wrote:
>
> | I bought an Asus CUV4X-M P3 motherboard for a little project. I checked
> | the Asus website and they have the original specs which state it supports
> | 300-800Mhz CPUs; but I'm wondering if it supports faster processors with a
> | bios update. The Asus website only mentions two bios updates but there
> | might be previous updates not mentioned.
>
> If you need an updated BIOS, only concern yourself with the latest
> BIOS version for your mobo. That will have everything added along the
> way unless something didn't work as well as initially thought and was
> cut out.
>
> Larc
>

> §§§ - Change planet to earth to reply by email - §§§
What Socket 370 cpu above 800Mhz could be cost effective, and work,
anyway? That board is pretty much limited to 100mhz FSB!

I have two that are dual cpu boards, but, it costs more for two Socket
370 cpus that can work together, than for an AMD 2000+ combo package
(board+CPU), with a 200Mhz FSB!

Larc <larc-news@jupiterlink.net> said:

>| I bought an Asus CUV4X-M P3 motherboard for a little project. I
>| checked the Asus website and they have the original specs which
>| state it supports 300-800Mhz CPUs; but I'm wondering if it supports
>| faster processors with a bios update. The Asus website only
>| mentions two bios updates but there might be previous updates not
>| mentioned.
>
> If you need an updated BIOS, only concern yourself with the latest
> BIOS version for your mobo. That will have everything added along
> the way unless something didn't work as well as initially thought and
> was cut out.

I bought the motherboard without a processor and wanted to know the
highest processor supported. The support site did not include information
on previous changes to the bios, only info on current changes. I
eventually found the info on a different Asus site. thanks anyway
--
Mac Cool

patrick <uce@ftc.gov> said:

>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:28:31 GMT, Mac Cool <Mac@2cool.com> wrote:
>> | I bought an Asus CUV4X-M P3 motherboard for a little project.

> What Socket 370 cpu above 800Mhz could be cost effective, and work,
> anyway? That board is pretty much limited to 100mhz FSB!

It supports Coppermine P3s with 133Mhz FSB up to 1.0Ghz.

> I have two that are dual cpu boards, but, it costs more for two
> Socket 370 cpus that can work together, than for an AMD 2000+ combo
> package (board+CPU), with a 200Mhz FSB!

I bought the board, PSU & 64MB RAM for $5. Unfortunately, as you point
out, the cost of 1Ghz Coppermines are about the same as an AMD2000 combo.
The Asus is a nice board though and I might just toss in a cheap Celeron
until the P3 prices come down. I was going to use a Pentium 233 Mhz before
I bought the Asus board.
--
Mac Cool