[SOLVED] USB printer and Mac mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill on HHI

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Hello,
When I connect my USB printer to the Netgear WNDR4500 router, I cannot print from my MAC MINI. Tells me the print file is not accepted.

Net gear will not or cannot help me.

Solution
Does the printer work if connected directly to the Mac? Have you loaded the printer driver onto the Mac (if the answer to the previous question was "yes" then I guess you have). Have you loaded the ReadyShare software on the Mac? Does the printer show as "Available" in the Netgear USB control centre? What make and model is the printer?

My wireless HP printer works fine with my Mac Mini, but that is a direct connection; using the router as a print server is slightly different.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
There are lots of Apple sites who can find an answer to your problem. try them.

Does the printer work if connected directly to the Mac? Have you loaded the printer driver onto the Mac (if the answer to the previous question was "yes" then I guess you have). Have you loaded the ReadyShare software on the Mac? Does the printer show as "Available" in the Netgear USB control centre? What make and model is the printer?

My wireless HP printer works fine with my Mac Mini, but that is a direct connection; using the router as a print server is slightly different.

Solution

jtmegerian

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Hi Bill,
did you get this to work? Having same problem with macbook air. Started after i updated firmware i think. Same router as you. Netgear wants me to pay 130.00 to get support!
tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.