Samsung ML1210 - 600 dpi Laser Printer - Ok to leave on 24..

In our home, we have a dedicated server with a terabyte of data space
so everyone can store/share their files which runs 24/7.

Also connected to the server are a scanner, a laser printer and a
color photo printer.

I was wondering if it would be ok to leave the laser printer on 24/7?

It does have a *sleep* mode which makes it completely silent. When
there is a print command, it wakes up and warms up again.

lux

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Terry Gho" <gonsped@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In our home, we have a dedicated server with a terabyte of data space
> so everyone can store/share their files which runs 24/7.
>
> Also connected to the server are a scanner, a laser printer and a
> color photo printer.
>
> I was wondering if it would be ok to leave the laser printer on 24/7?
>
> It does have a *sleep* mode which makes it completely silent. When
> there is a print command, it wakes up and warms up again.

Unless your owner's manual tells you otherwise, I see no problems leaving
printers and such on 24/7. I use my printer's power-save mode, simply in
the name of wasting energy.

I've left my ML-1210 powered on for months on end. Never caused any
problem, or made any noticeable dent in my electric bill.