no sound from rear centre speaker SB Audigy2 PCI card & In..

Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Hello

Have recently bought a SB Audigy2 PCI card and the 6.1 6700 inspire
speaker system. As I didn't receive a driver CD with my card, I have
D/L'd the appropriate drivers from Creative.com(drivers only).

I can't seem to get my Rear centre speaker to work (no sound
whatsoever).

Anybody have an idea on what I am doing wrong? I have followed the
instructions that came with the speaker system to the latter.

Much appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about sound rear centre speaker audigy2 card
  1. Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    Download the Surround Mixer and Speaker settings apps from:

    http://tinyurl.com/5d4nj

    This should let you select 6.1 speakers. The Windows Speaker setting can be
    set to mirror the Creative setting or be independent of it. Sometimes you
    need it to be independent as some games adjust the windows speaker setting
    to Stereo, whereas if you kept them independent, everything would work as
    normal.

    "William McStay" <WillMcstay@freeserve.net> wrote in message

    > Hello
    >
    > Have recently bought a SB Audigy2 PCI card and the 6.1 6700 inspire
    > speaker system. As I didn't receive a driver CD with my card, I have
    > D/L'd the appropriate drivers from Creative.com(drivers only).
    >
    > I can't seem to get my Rear centre speaker to work (no sound
    > whatsoever).
    >
    > Anybody have an idea on what I am doing wrong? I have followed the
    > instructions that came with the speaker system to the latter.
    >
    > Much appreciated.
  2. Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    "William McStay" wrote in message
    > Anybody have an idea on what I am doing wrong? I have followed the
    > instructions that came with the speaker system to the latter.

    Have you checked that the surround sound option is selected in control
    panel?
    [listed under audio HQ -> speakers]

    --
    No66y©
    Those who find they're touched by madness

    Reply to address is a spam trap.
    Use no66y [at] breathe [dot] com
  3. Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    All the speakers are not used all the time.

    "William McStay" <WillMcstay@freeserve.net> wrote in message

    > Hello
    >
    > Have recently bought a SB Audigy2 PCI card and the 6.1 6700 inspire
    > speaker system. As I didn't receive a driver CD with my card, I have
    > D/L'd the appropriate drivers from Creative.com(drivers only).
    >
    > I can't seem to get my Rear centre speaker to work (no sound
    > whatsoever).
    >
    > Anybody have an idea on what I am doing wrong? I have followed the
    > instructions that came with the speaker system to the latter.
    >
    > Much appreciated.
  4. Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    "Sharanga Dayananda" <shaREMOVE@ntlworldNoSpaM.com> said:

    >Download the Surround Mixer and Speaker settings apps from:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5d4nj
    >
    >This should let you select 6.1 speakers. The Windows Speaker setting can be
    >set to mirror the Creative setting or be independent of it. Sometimes you
    >need it to be independent as some games adjust the windows speaker setting
    >to Stereo, whereas if you kept them independent, everything would work as
    >normal.

    Thanks Sha, alas when installing, I get an error: "Setup did not
    detect the required components. Setup will exit"

    Have I something missing?
  5. Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

    The installer is just a self-extracting EXE. Unzip it with WinZip or
    something and then goto the folder where you extracted the stuff to, give
    the EXE in the root folder a miss ( I think 'tis called WebInstaller.EXE )
    and go to the mixer subfolder and run setup from there.

    Sha

    > "Sharanga Dayananda" <shaREMOVE@ntlworldNoSpaM.com> said:
    >
    > >Download the Surround Mixer and Speaker settings apps from:
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/5d4nj
    > >
    > >This should let you select 6.1 speakers. The Windows Speaker setting can
    be
    > >set to mirror the Creative setting or be independent of it. Sometimes you
    > >need it to be independent as some games adjust the windows speaker
    setting
    > >to Stereo, whereas if you kept them independent, everything would work as
    > >normal.
    >
    > Thanks Sha, alas when installing, I get an error: "Setup did not
    > detect the required components. Setup will exit"
    >
    > Have I something missing?

Homebuilt Speakers PCI Creative Systems