no sound from rear centre speaker SB Audigy2 PCI card & In..

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
July 15, 2004 12:30:58 AM

Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Hello

Have recently bought a SB Audigy2 PCI card and the 6.1 6700 inspire
speaker system. As I didn't receive a driver CD with my card, I have
D/L'd the appropriate drivers from Creative.com(drivers only).

I can't seem to get my Rear centre speaker to work (no sound
whatsoever).

Anybody have an idea on what I am doing wrong? I have followed the
instructions that came with the speaker system to the latter.

Much appreciated.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 15, 2004 2:01:08 AM

Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Download the Surround Mixer and Speaker settings apps from:

http://tinyurl.com/5d4nj

This should let you select 6.1 speakers. The Windows Speaker setting can be
set to mirror the Creative setting or be independent of it. Sometimes you
need it to be independent as some games adjust the windows speaker setting
to Stereo, whereas if you kept them independent, everything would work as
normal.

"William McStay" <WillMcstay@freeserve.net> wrote in message

> Hello
>
> Have recently bought a SB Audigy2 PCI card and the 6.1 6700 inspire
> speaker system. As I didn't receive a driver CD with my card, I have
> D/L'd the appropriate drivers from Creative.com(drivers only).
>
> I can't seem to get my Rear centre speaker to work (no sound
> whatsoever).
>
> Anybody have an idea on what I am doing wrong? I have followed the
> instructions that came with the speaker system to the latter.
>
> Much appreciated.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 15, 2004 2:02:11 AM

"William McStay" wrote in message
> Anybody have an idea on what I am doing wrong? I have followed the
> instructions that came with the speaker system to the latter.

Have you checked that the surround sound option is selected in control
panel?
[listed under audio HQ -> speakers]

--
No66y©
Those who find they're touched by madness

Reply to address is a spam trap.
Use no66y [at] breathe [dot] com
a b B Homebuilt system
July 15, 2004 2:55:07 AM

Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

All the speakers are not used all the time.

"William McStay" <WillMcstay@freeserve.net> wrote in message

> Hello
>
> Have recently bought a SB Audigy2 PCI card and the 6.1 6700 inspire
> speaker system. As I didn't receive a driver CD with my card, I have
> D/L'd the appropriate drivers from Creative.com(drivers only).
>
> I can't seem to get my Rear centre speaker to work (no sound
> whatsoever).
>
> Anybody have an idea on what I am doing wrong? I have followed the
> instructions that came with the speaker system to the latter.
>
> Much appreciated.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 15, 2004 2:13:56 PM

"Sharanga Dayananda" <shaREMOVE@ntlworldNoSpaM.com> said:

>Download the Surround Mixer and Speaker settings apps from:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5d4nj
>
>This should let you select 6.1 speakers. The Windows Speaker setting can be
>set to mirror the Creative setting or be independent of it. Sometimes you
>need it to be independent as some games adjust the windows speaker setting
>to Stereo, whereas if you kept them independent, everything would work as
>normal.

Thanks Sha, alas when installing, I get an error: "Setup did not
detect the required components. Setup will exit"

Have I something missing?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 15, 2004 11:35:10 PM

Archived from groups: creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

The installer is just a self-extracting EXE. Unzip it with WinZip or
something and then goto the folder where you extracted the stuff to, give
the EXE in the root folder a miss ( I think 'tis called WebInstaller.EXE )
and go to the mixer subfolder and run setup from there.

Sha

!