50mm processor fan needed

Archived from groups: alt.comp.case-mods,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors (More info?)

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a reputable (and cheap) supplier for
some 50mm processor fans.

All my usual suppliers (dabs, aria, ebuyer, overclock)
don't seem to stock anything suitable.

A google search for "50mm fan" provides several hits
here in the UK, but none of which I've ever heard of,
so naturally I'm a little wary.

So, does anyone have experience of any of the following:

www.kingdomkomputers.co.uk
www.planetmicro.co.uk
www.kustompcs.co.uk

Or, does anyone have another recommended supplier, or
alternatively, can anybody recommend a new HSF for a
'Slot A' AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1000mhz.

Never having had any 'Slot' type processors myself,
I'm a little out of my area of knowledge.

The current HSF has two fans, and the bearings are
going producing a very irritating buzzing noise.

So, to recap, I either need two new 50mm fans, or a
new HSF to fit the Slot A Thunderbird.

Advice welcomed.

Thanks,

Andrew

--
AZC

Andrew Z Carpenter wrote:

> So, does anyone have experience of any of the following:
>
> www.kingdomkomputers.co.uk
> www.planetmicro.co.uk
> www.kustompcs.co.uk

I've bought from KustomPCs - a fan as it happens - excellent service,
recommended.

Parish

Archived from groups: alt.comp.case-mods,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors (More info?)

Nevermind. I did some more research, and found
this site:

http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1

It has reviews and rankings for suppliers.
www.thecoolingshop.com was very highly rated, so
I've bought a new Slot A HSF from there.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this message
helps someone else in a similar situation some
time in the future!

--
AZC

Archived from groups: alt.comp.case-mods,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors (More info?)

> "Parish" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
> I've bought from KustomPCs - a fan as it
> happens - excellent service, recommended.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind for the
future!

--
AZC

Archived from groups: alt.comp.case-mods,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors (More info?)

"Parish" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:2lpvcqFfkv5eU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Andrew Z Carpenter wrote:
>
> > So, does anyone have experience of any of the following:
> >
> > www.kingdomkomputers.co.uk
> > www.planetmicro.co.uk
> > www.kustompcs.co.uk
> >

> I've bought from KustomPCs - a fan as it happens - excellent service,
> recommended.

As have I, excellent and very helpful.

InsAnimal
--
"I've got very behind with my work today, because I can't find my biscuit."

Parish <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>> So, does anyone have experience of any of the following:

>> www.kingdomkomputers.co.uk
>> www.planetmicro.co.uk
>> www.kustompcs.co.uk

>I've bought from KustomPCs - a fan as it happens - excellent service,
>recommended.

As have I. I find them to a bit costly and slower than some other
vendors but reputable and great for some of the less common items they
stock.