AIW 9600 not working on SOYO SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus v1.0

I'm having trouble getting my All In Wonder 9600 to work with my SOYO
SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus v1.0 mobo. When I install the ATI Catalyst
drivers (whether from the distribution disc or the updated download)
the display is garbled when windows starts up.

I'm using Win2K Pro and a slew of other hardware. All this worked fine
on my ASUS A7V266-E but my primary IDE controller on that mobo
stopped recognizing my hard drives.

Does anyone know if this mobo, display adapter and OS combo have
compatibility issues?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
GadgetMan.

==============
More about 9600 working soyo kt600 dragon

    The ATI All-in-Wonder cards are junk. I made the mistake of buying
    one instead of buying a regular video card and a tv capture card. The
    reason this card is junk is because it only supports software encoding
    when capturing media (television programs) and software decoding when
    playing that media back.

    My recommendation is to avoid ATI altogether. I say that for a few
    reasons. First the card arrived with a DVI to VGA adapter. The
    screws on the adapter don't reach the card, so I just have it kind of
    pushed on unsecure. I wrote ATI about it and they just sent out a
    generic message regarding software drivers! Next I got a cryptic
    error all of the sudden. You can read about it here:
    http://www.tweaknews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1195
    That took a few hours to resolve.

    This card is junk. Go with a SageTV and WinTV-PVR-350 bundle which
    can be found here:
    http://store.freytechnologies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SOS&Product_Code=STVPVR350&Category_Code=SB

    I have done the research and wasted the time, so I wanted to share my
    experience and make sure ATI doesn't screw over another consumer.

    nospam@domain.com wrote:
    > The ATI All-in-Wonder cards are junk. I made the mistake of buying
    > one instead of buying a regular video card and a tv capture card. The
    > reason this card is junk is because it only supports software encoding
    > when capturing media (television programs) and software decoding when
    > playing that media back.

    Well, I wouldn't say the card is 'junk' but the limitation is real and
    inherent to the 'all-in-one' concept. The PCI bus simply can't stream data
    simultaneously in both directions so it's impossible to stream media input
    to a software process and then back to the display on the same card.

    That, and that it doesn't use the typical tuner chipsets, limits it's
    capabilities in a Home Theater PC but it's fine if all one wants to do is
    simply pop a TV picture on the screen.

    > My recommendation is to avoid ATI altogether. I say that for a few
    > reasons. First the card arrived with a DVI to VGA adapter. The
    > screws on the adapter don't reach the card, so I just have it kind of
    > pushed on unsecure. I wrote ATI about it and they just sent out a
    > generic message regarding software drivers! Next I got a cryptic
    > error all of the sudden. You can read about it here:
    > http://www.tweaknews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1195
    > That took a few hours to resolve.
    >
    > This card is junk. Go with a SageTV and WinTV-PVR-350 bundle which
    > can be found here:
    > http://store.freytechnologies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SOS&Product_Code=STVPVR350&Category_Code=SB
    >
    > I have done the research and wasted the time, so I wanted to share my
    > experience and make sure ATI doesn't screw over another consumer.

Homebuilt Hardware Systems