Just got a stand alone DVR writable drive.

When I try to make a VCD or SVCD on my computer in order to play them
on the deck by using Nero the initial process seems to work.

I have tried a few video files, .avi, .mpg and let Nero convert
them and then write the disc.
The disc when reinserted into the computer locks it up and they won't
play in by DVD deck.
Im using Sony discs and otherwise both units seem to be working fine.
I have tried different size video films about 100mg to 400mg.

www.dvdrhelp.com

"John Johnson" <change@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Just got a stand alone DVR writable drive.
>
> When I try to make a VCD or SVCD on my computer in order to play them
> on the deck by using Nero the initial process seems to work.
>
> I have tried a few video files, .avi, .mpg and let Nero convert
> them and then write the disc.
> The disc when reinserted into the computer locks it up and they won't
> play in by DVD deck.
> Im using Sony discs and otherwise both units seem to be working fine.
> I have tried different size video films about 100mg to 400mg.

Also
WinPro
2ghz Pent.
Nero 6 and I tried Roxio also
Generic Mitsubishi CDWrite/DVD drive

Seems just to be a probem making VCD's, other files copy and read
find.
Had some problems in making audio CD's and playing them on regular CD
players but sometimes it worked.

John Johnson wrote:

> Also
> WinPro
> 2ghz Pent.
> Nero 6 and I tried Roxio also

If it's really Nero 6 then you need to get their updates to 6.3, I think it
is. Don't remember if I tried a VCD with 6.0 but it wouldn't burn a proper
DVD to save it's life till I got the upgrades.

That wouldn't explain Roxio and I know I've made good VCDs with that one
(EZ CD Creator 6). Well, come to think of it, I only use them in computer
CD players. No, wait, I did take them to my sister's house and tried them
on her DVD player because I wanted to see how they looked on her large
screen TV. Worked fine.

Are yo sure you're burning them as a 'standard compliant' VCD? Finalized it?

> Generic Mitsubishi CDWrite/DVD drive
>
> Seems just to be a probem making VCD's, other files copy and read
> find.
> Had some problems in making audio CD's and playing them on regular CD
> players but sometimes it worked.

Burn the audios at low speed, like 2x, and see if that helps.

John Johnson <change@pacbell.net> said:

> The disc when reinserted into the computer locks it up and they won't
> play in by DVD deck.

If it were a data disk I would say the session isn't closed, but I don't
think that applies to VCDs. Make sure you don't remove the disk until Nero
ejects it. I just switched from 5 to 6 and haven't made any VCDs yet, so I
don't know if the interface has changed.
--
Mac Cool

jaster

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 05:16:39 +0000, John Johnson while doing time wrote:

> Just got a stand alone DVR writable drive.
>
> When I try to make a VCD or SVCD on my computer in order to play them on
> the deck by using Nero the initial process seems to work.
>
> I have tried a few video files, .avi, .mpg and let Nero convert them
> and then write the disc.
> The disc when reinserted into the computer locks it up and they won't
> play in by DVD deck.
> Im using Sony discs and otherwise both units seem to be working fine. I
> have tried different size video films about 100mg to 400mg.

Nero 6.x does have problems burning VCDs with some cd burners and media.
Try burning the VCDs at a lower speeds 24x, 16x 12x or 8x.

If the avi or mpg you're burnning has a mismatched video-audio then Nero's
not going to do a good job burning the SVCD or VCD.

Do a search for Procoder 2 on your peer to peer software :)

That will do Vcds like a son of a bitch, just make sure you get the
cracked one or a demo if you want.

http://www.shareconnector.com/modules.php?name=Edonkey&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=5507&ttitle=CANOPUS_PROCODER_V2.0

Its an edonkey link so you need p2p software installed to grab the
file :) enjoy, if you want to make vcds this is idiot PROOF and will
make superb vcds easy, in a few clicks it even cuts them for you.

See ya.