ATI All-in-Wonder cards are junk!!!

The ATI All-in-Wonder cards are junk!!! I made the mistake of buying
one instead of buying a regular video card and a tv capture card. The
reason this card is junk is because it only supports software encoding
when capturing media (television programs) and software decoding when
playing that media back.

My recommendation is to avoid ATI altogether. I say that for a few
reasons. First the card arrived with a DVI to VGA adapter. The
screws on the adapter don't reach the card, so I just have it kind of
pushed on unsecured. I wrote ATI about it and they just sent out a
generic message regarding software drivers! Next I got a cryptic
error all of the sudden. You can read about it here:
http://www.tweaknews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1195
That took a few hours to resolve.

This card is junk. Go with a SageTV and WinTV-PVR-350 bundle which
can be found here:
http://store.freytechnologies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SOS&Product_Code=STVPVR350&Category_Code=SB

I have done the research and wasted the time, so I wanted to share my
experience and make sure ATI doesn't screw over another consumer.

Stephen

Sounds more like a problem between the keyboard and chair than an ATI
problem.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:11:12 -0700, nospam@domain.com tortured a bunch
of electrons for some unknown reason: