Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

clrmamepro questions

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 1:53:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

ok, i am an idiot and got totally lost reading the FAQ on clrmamepro site.
i used pleasuredome site some time ago to do it last time at roms .90 and
was very helpful cause screenshots of clrmamepro on that site!

i don't want to get lost and start over and overwrite roms now(11gb)! i
downloaded cmp 373 and ready to go but not sure what to do next. i already
used Profiler and then Create then pointed to mame.exe and named it
mame.99(or whatever) for Profile name, correct?

then i Load/Update that profile(of course then small one-touch windows with
tabs comes up) then scan with pointed at roms?? this is where i really get
lost and don't want to overwrite/delete anything. i remember using a
program to change the rom names slightly so that clrmamepro would know what
is old or not!

i now i have to specify directory of roms folder in Settings thenwhat is
backup folder (Misc Options) used for? should i unzip anything at all?

i pointed to roms and samples in Settings and then Scan? a whole huge list
comes up on side of window and underneath of missing/bad roms.

Missing Sets: 222 of 5705
Wrong SetName Case: 0
Wrong Named Sets: 23

Missing Roms: 3606 (213 are 'nodumps') of 83104
Missing Bytes: 2gb of 40gb
Wrong Named Roms: 1034
Wrong RomName Case: 0
Wrong Sized Roms: 19
Wrong Date/Time Roms: 0
Wrong CRC32s: 17
Wrong MD5s: <n/a>
Wrong SHA1s: <n/a>

Missing Samples: 2419 of 2419

whats next steps?

TIA,
Kelly

More about : clrmamepro questions

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 9:43:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

First of all...there is a clrmamepro forum at www.clrmame.com ;) 

The normal usage is:

- select a datfile (or let clrmamepro auto-create one for you...)
looks like you already made that step ;) 

- go to settings and setup rompaths (maybe sample paths as well if you
want to chose them, too)

- go to the scanner and hit scan

That's basically it...

The scanresults tree window shows you detailed information what is wrong
in which set. Usually enabling the fix options will fix most problems
automatically. Completely missing roms won't be created magically of
course and bad dumps (wrong checksums) can only be repaired if you got
the correct dump.

Merge mode is another thing you should define once...very common is
split-merged (which is enabled by default).

So basically you only need a method to add new files to your
collection...That's either done by fix-missing (keeping newly collected
files in a defined addpath) or by using the rebuilder.


You don't have to be afraid of anything since any removed file (e.g.
when marked as unneeded) is backup'ed to the backupfolder.

The only thing YOU have to care about: Use the correct datfile
(database) for the correct collection...in other words: don't try to
scan a nebula set with MAME definitions or your c:\ folder with a Kawaks
dat.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 9:43:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

ok, thanks Roman...i see where there are less problems once i selected fix
names and sizes!

rebuilder....what exactly does this do? this does not retrieve the
remaining roms that i am misssing for .100, right? i would still have to
ftp the updating roms, correct? does the scanner unzip or do something that
the rebuilder has to reform?
source and destination should be which folders? should i use the default
"Use Back up path" for source and "Use 1st roms path" for destin?

i think if this was explained to me in laymans(sp) terms to what each thing
is doing....then i would comprehend it!!! the terminology/acronyms used on
the official site and what you guys talk about have me at "Hello" ;) 

but i'm getting there, bare with,
TIA
Kelly

"Roman Scherzer" <cmpro@1und1.de> wrote in message
news:D gk5ft$fmn$1@online.de...
> First of all...there is a clrmamepro forum at www.clrmame.com ;) 
>
> The normal usage is:
>
> - select a datfile (or let clrmamepro auto-create one for you...)
> looks like you already made that step ;) 
>
> - go to settings and setup rompaths (maybe sample paths as well if you
> want to chose them, too)
>
> - go to the scanner and hit scan
>
> That's basically it...
>
> The scanresults tree window shows you detailed information what is wrong
> in which set. Usually enabling the fix options will fix most problems
> automatically. Completely missing roms won't be created magically of
> course and bad dumps (wrong checksums) can only be repaired if you got the
> correct dump.
>
> Merge mode is another thing you should define once...very common is
> split-merged (which is enabled by default).
>
> So basically you only need a method to add new files to your
> collection...That's either done by fix-missing (keeping newly collected
> files in a defined addpath) or by using the rebuilder.
>
>
> You don't have to be afraid of anything since any removed file (e.g. when
> marked as unneeded) is backup'ed to the backupfolder.
>
> The only thing YOU have to care about: Use the correct datfile (database)
> for the correct collection...in other words: don't try to scan a nebula
> set with MAME definitions or your c:\ folder with a Kawaks dat.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 9:43:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

> Clrmamepro is a very great piece of software but it doesn't do magic. You
> have to provide the missing files yourself.

i know this is really a great tool listening to everyone here! when i
update roms download, is there a specific path that it has to be? just
normal rompath or new destination path from rebuilder?

>
> Use whatever you want as source folder, but make a new destination folder
> for your rebuilt roms.

ok, that's done....now if i go to pleasuredome and download "update roms",
how does this know what i already have(roms) now that i have just rebuilt to
a specific folder just created(only a few roms files)? do i use merger
"tab" for anything?

i guess i should say, what is the destination folder for? what do with
romfiles in it?

Kelly
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 9:47:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

> Wrong Named Sets: 23

turn on set + name + fix name

> Missing Roms: 3606 (213 are 'nodumps') of 83104

well...you need the missing files of course somewhere....enabling
fix missing will probably automatic find some. the nodumps can be
replaced with dummy placeholders (scanner nodump handling->create missing)

> Wrong Named Roms: 1034

turn on rom + name + fix name

> Wrong Sized Roms: 19

turn on rom + size + fix size

> Wrong CRC32s: 17

You need to find correct dumps for this

> Missing Samples: 2419 of 2419

Well...setup a samplepath and get the samplesets from www.mame.net
September 19, 2005 2:53:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Kelly Ray wrote:
Snipped

> ok, that's done....now if i go to pleasuredome and download "update roms",
> how does this know what i already have(roms) now that i have just rebuilt to
> a specific folder just created(only a few roms files)? do i use merger
> "tab" for anything?

This is what I do. Once you have your ROM set clrmamepro'd. Run the
program torrentzip on the MAME ROM folder. It should take some time as
it checks each set and does its magic.

Now download your (for example) MAME .100 torrent file and save to your
MAME ROM directory. If you have done this correctly then you should
find AT LEAST some of the set shows as already downloaded.

If it doesnt...

1) You have it set to the wrong path.. like C:\mame\roms\roms folder
instead of C:\mame\roms

2) You re-scanned with clrmamepro which adjusted the hashes for the
files. You will need to verify this with torrentzip, it will not re-do
correctly torrentziped zips.

3) Your set is too old/too many different zips to see the few that are
correct on the tracker.

Remember (as the front page says) pleasure-dome is a ratio site, dont
forget to share!

Good luck!


> i guess i should say, what is the destination folder for? what do with
> romfiles in it?
>
> Kelly
>
>


--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 2:53:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

>> ok, that's done....now if i go to pleasuredome and download "update
>> roms",
>> how does this know what i already have(roms) now that i have just rebuilt
>> to a specific folder just created(only a few roms files)? do i use
>> merger "tab" for anything?
>
> This is what I do. Once you have your ROM set clrmamepro'd. Run the
> program torrentzip on the MAME ROM folder. It should take some time as it
> checks each set and does its magic.

so you do use the merger tab to combine the 2 folders to main rom folder
then?

>
> 2) You re-scanned with clrmamepro which adjusted the hashes for the files.
> You will need to verify this with torrentzip, it will not re-do correctly
> torrentziped zips.

how would i know if i re-scanned since i have done, experimenting a few
different times? how can i tell if they are hashed or not? just don't want
to waste a week and a half downloading/overwriting what i already have!!
since i have most(version .90), i wouldn't think that it would take too long
to update roms!

> Remember (as the front page says) pleasure-dome is a ratio site, dont
> forget to share!

yes, i plan too if i figure out how...i think i did this before though!

thanks,
Kelly
September 19, 2005 3:48:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Kelly Ray wrote:
Snipped


> so you do use the merger tab to combine the 2 folders to main rom folder
> then?

I would just go into settings and set the path to your MAME ROM
directory. I wouldnt bother trying to copy into another folder and
re-scan. Basically just leave your ROMs in the folder they are in for
MAME and set clrmamepro up to scan that folder. By default clrmamepro
backs up un-used ROMs to the clrmame backup folder, so dont worry about
deleting ROMs you'll need. You dont need to re-build, you just have to
scan the set using the scanner.



> how would i know if i re-scanned since i have done, experimenting a few
> different times? how can i tell if they are hashed or not? just don't want
> to waste a week and a half downloading/overwriting what i already have!!
> since i have most(version .90), i wouldn't think that it would take too long
> to update roms!

If you re-scan it, torrentzip will know if they have previously been
hashed and ignore the zip.. If torrenzip skips all the sets, you know
you have successfully torrentzipped.

>>Remember (as the front page says) pleasure-dome is a ratio site, dont
>>forget to share!
>
>
> yes, i plan too if i figure out how...i think i did this before though!

Of course. Its just if I dont mention it, I would be doing the site an
injustice! I am not the site owner BTW, I am just a member!


--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 4:31:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

> It takes all the rom/sample/chd files


Wrong. The rebuilder only works for ROMs.

> The rebuilder doesn't know what to rebuild before the roms have been
> scanned.


Wrong again. The rebuilder isn't even setbased (it's filebased) and a
total different module which isn't connected to the scanner at all.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 7:55:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

No you don't have to use the merger at any time.

always use the scanner to fix all problems and the rebuilder to add
files to your collections. Nothing more, nothing less.
September 19, 2005 7:04:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Sune Salminen wrote:
> Roman Scherzer wrote:
>
>>>It takes all the rom/sample/chd files
>>
>>
>>Wrong. The rebuilder only works for ROMs.
>>
>>
>>>The rebuilder doesn't know what to rebuild before the roms have been
>>>scanned.
>>
>>
>>Wrong again. The rebuilder isn't even setbased (it's filebased) and a
>>total different module which isn't connected to the scanner at all.
>
>
> Argh, right.
>
> I was confusing the scanner with the rebuilder.
>
> I never use the rebuilder myself.
>
> -Sune
>

Its either your age or the children that are making you as senile as me ;-)

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk
September 20, 2005 12:15:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Sune Salminen wrote:
> MCR wrote:
>
>>Sune Salminen wrote:
>>
>>>Roman Scherzer wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>>It takes all the rom/sample/chd files
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Wrong. The rebuilder only works for ROMs.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>The rebuilder doesn't know what to rebuild before the roms have
>>>>>been scanned.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Wrong again. The rebuilder isn't even setbased (it's filebased) and
>>>>a total different module which isn't connected to the scanner at
>>>>all.
>>>
>>>
>>>Argh, right.
>>>
>>>I was confusing the scanner with the rebuilder.
>>>
>>>I never use the rebuilder myself.
>>>
>>>-Sune
>>>
>>
>>Its either your age or the children that are making you as senile as
>>me ;-)
>
>
> ..who are you again...?
>
> ö_Ö
>
> -Sune
>

Me? I am Sune... I *think* or I could be Deadly Dad or Dungeon Dave...
I know I am *SOMEONE* ;-)

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 5:01:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

MER wrote:
> Sune Salminen wrote:
>
>> MCR wrote:
>>
>>> Sune Salminen wrote:
>>>
>>>> Roman Scherzer wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>> It takes all the rom/sample/chd files
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Wrong. The rebuilder only works for ROMs.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> The rebuilder doesn't know what to rebuild before the roms have
>>>>>> been scanned.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Wrong again. The rebuilder isn't even setbased (it's filebased) and
>>>>> a total different module which isn't connected to the scanner at
>>>>> all.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Argh, right.
>>>>
>>>> I was confusing the scanner with the rebuilder.
>>>>
>>>> I never use the rebuilder myself.
>>>>
>>>> -Sune
>>>>
>>>
>>> Its either your age or the children that are making you as senile as
>>> me ;-)
>>
>>
>>
>> ..who are you again...?
>>
>> ö_Ö
>>
>> -Sune
>>
>
> Me? I am Sune... I *think* or I could be Deadly Dad or Dungeon Dave...
> I know I am *SOMEONE* ;-)
>

Well, I know you are not me, and you seem too intelligent to be
DD.....<GBEG>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

crucifixion@pteriony.gov
Lutianidae@rainbird.Antheraeat.be
Takilman@ponticularr.edu
synartesis@bravoite.unicea.int
Hymenomycetes@cyclometrical.incoheringg.is
September 20, 2005 11:46:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Deadly_Dad wrote:

Snipped

>>> ..who are you again...?
>>>
>>> ö_Ö
>>>
>>> -Sune
>>>
>>
>> Me? I am Sune... I *think* or I could be Deadly Dad or Dungeon
>> Dave... I know I am *SOMEONE* ;-)
>>
>
> Well, I know you are not me, and you seem too intelligent to be
> DD.....<GBEG>
>

Well I dont know about DD, but my IQ varies between above average to
moron depending on alcohol content! :-D

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 11:46:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

MCR wrote:
>>
>> Well, I know you are not me, and you seem too intelligent to be
>> DD.....<GBEG>
>
> Well I dont know about DD, but my IQ varies between above average to
> moron depending on alcohol content! :-D
>
Average with a high alcohol content and moron with no alcohol content? ;) 

--
FSogol
September 21, 2005 12:28:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

FSogol wrote:
> MCR wrote:
>
>>>
>>> Well, I know you are not me, and you seem too intelligent to be
>>> DD.....<GBEG>
>>
>>
>> Well I dont know about DD, but my IQ varies between above average to
>> moron depending on alcohol content! :-D
>>
> Average with a high alcohol content and moron with no alcohol content? ;) 
>

Isnt that what I said :-P ??!?!?!?

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 3:07:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

MER wrote:
> FSogol wrote:
>
>> MCR wrote:
>>
>>>>
>>>> Well, I know you are not me, and you seem too intelligent to be
>>>> DD.....<GBEG>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Well I dont know about DD, but my IQ varies between above average to
>>> moron depending on alcohol content! :-D
>>>
>> Average with a high alcohol content and moron with no alcohol content? ;) 
>>
>
> Isnt that what I said :-P ??!?!?!?
>

It's like that old adage: 'Nobody's ugly by closing time." <G>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

kgallantizef@uoutsulkz.mil tsaltfootr@zparallelogrammich.int
nnachj@shusbandhoodb.com junchokedk@usorrowg.net
lschtoffa@ibacillarieaey.edu csociodramaq@ebasidiolichenesf.edu
osubcrureusu@pwoodcraftinessz.edu rocotean@ubakuz.com
hprofoundnessy@claudv.org rpermiakh@cgeomancyl.net
September 21, 2005 9:18:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Deadly_Dad wrote:
> MER wrote:
>
>> FSogol wrote:
>>
>>> MCR wrote:
>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Well, I know you are not me, and you seem too intelligent to be
>>>>> DD.....<GBEG>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Well I dont know about DD, but my IQ varies between above average to
>>>> moron depending on alcohol content! :-D
>>>>
>>> Average with a high alcohol content and moron with no alcohol
>>> content? ;) 
>>>
>>
>> Isnt that what I said :-P ??!?!?!?
>>
>
> It's like that old adage: 'Nobody's ugly by closing time." <G>
>

he he... I think we've *all* suffered from that at some stage in our
lives :-D

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk
!