unkn2232324

I have a SoundBlaster Live Value card that suddenly has started to act
strange. It sounds fine playing waves and mp3's that just have music
or sound. But if you add voices they are very very low, and almost
echoy. It is almost like karaoke. I can't figure out what might have
changed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Waddup G?

You should check that you have not enabled any of those nifty EAX features
in the bundled SB software. Also make certain that you do not have software
that creates the problem. Try booting your computer without doing anything
before checking if the sound problem is there.

I once had a problem where an applicating kept shifting all the sound over
on only one speaker. Even if I closed it the left speaker made no sound, and
all the other programs I used for sound could not fix it. I uninstalled the
program.. problem fixed. Might be something similar with you...?

"G" <nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a SoundBlaster Live Value card that suddenly has started to act
> strange. It sounds fine playing waves and mp3's that just have music
> or sound. But if you add voices they are very very low, and almost
> echoy. It is almost like karaoke. I can't figure out what might have
> changed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks

"G" <nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a SoundBlaster Live Value card that suddenly has started to act
> strange. It sounds fine playing waves and mp3's that just have music
> or sound. But if you add voices they are very very low, and almost
> echoy. It is almost like karaoke. I can't figure out what might have
> changed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks

Start up the creative audiohq and check your environemental settings.

unkn2232324

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:25:23 GMT, "Ctal" <notme@nothere.com> wrote:

>"G" <nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I have a SoundBlaster Live Value card that suddenly has started to act
>> strange. It sounds fine playing waves and mp3's that just have music
>> or sound. But if you add voices they are very very low, and almost
>> echoy. It is almost like karaoke. I can't figure out what might have
>> changed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks

>Start up the creative audiohq and check your environemental settings.

I don't have anything strange enabled environmentally. I have also
reinstalled the drivers and don't have the audiohq and Liveware
installed and still have the problem.