Tiny PC hard drive upgade

I have a Tiny "Hot Key" Millenium Home Performance 500 PC bought new
in 2000, and I want to install a larger hard drive.
Does anyone know if this model has any restriction on hard drive
capacity?
I would like to fit a Maxtor 200 gigabyte if possible, but have heard
that some people have had problems with the computer only formatting
to 12 gig.

Any advice please.

David
3 answers Last reply
More about tiny hard drive upgade

    Does the manufacturer have a website?

    "David" <vectraman18@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have a Tiny "Hot Key" Millenium Home Performance 500 PC bought new
    > in 2000, and I want to install a larger hard drive.
    > Does anyone know if this model has any restriction on hard drive
    > capacity?
    > I would like to fit a Maxtor 200 gigabyte if possible, but have heard
    > that some people have had problems with the computer only formatting
    > to 12 gig.
    >
    > Any advice please.
    >
    > David

    "David" <vectraman18@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have a Tiny "Hot Key" Millenium Home Performance 500 PC bought new
    > in 2000, and I want to install a larger hard drive.
    > Does anyone know if this model has any restriction on hard drive
    > capacity?
    > I would like to fit a Maxtor 200 gigabyte if possible, but have heard
    > that some people have had problems with the computer only formatting
    > to 12 gig.
    >
    > Any advice please.
    >
    > David

    You need to open the case up and see what motherboard is fitted. Tiny use
    various makers for the motherboard. Once you know what the motherboard is
    you can find the specs on the makers website.

    Adam S

    With a computer that old the motherboard's BIOS will probably limit your
    harddrive size to 137GB unformatted.

    --
    DaveW

    "David" <vectraman18@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have a Tiny "Hot Key" Millenium Home Performance 500 PC bought new
    > in 2000, and I want to install a larger hard drive.
    > Does anyone know if this model has any restriction on hard drive
    > capacity?
    > I would like to fit a Maxtor 200 gigabyte if possible, but have heard
    > that some people have had problems with the computer only formatting
    > to 12 gig.
    >
    > Any advice please.
    >
    > David

Homebuilt Hard Drives Tiny Systems