Not finding Laptop Modem

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hi all!

I have borrowed an old Siemens laptop and it has been working well.
But now all of a sudden I can't connect to the Internet through the
ESS modem anymore, If I start Iexpl it says:

Couldn't create a connection.

and if I start the connection directly it says:

The modem is not connected or not working.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks!

/Per

wilhelmsson_per@nospam.hotmail.com
(Please remove the nospam and the period after it.)

"perwil" <wilhelmsson_per@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> I have borrowed an old Siemens laptop and it has been working well.
> But now all of a sudden I can't connect to the Internet through the
> ESS modem anymore, If I start Iexpl it says:
>
> Couldn't create a connection.
>
> and if I start the connection directly it says:
>
> The modem is not connected or not working.
>
> Does anyone know what I should do?
>
> Thanks!
>
> /Per
>
> wilhelmsson_per@nospam.hotmail.com
> (Please remove the nospam and the period after it.)

Yeah, chances are the modem is in an expansion slot and that it has simply
worked loose. Find the manual of your laptop to find out where it's
expansion slots are and how to access them. -Dave

jad

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

what version of windows(?) in the control panel under modems use the
diagnostics and see if its a hardware problem or a software problem.
If the diag fails check the device manager under modems.