Setting up a new system with ddr 266 or 333 ram and have a choice of the
following makes, which would be the best quality?

Adtec - Corsair - DRAM Value - PNY

I had though Corsair because I haven't heard of the other brands before.
Thanks in advance for the feeback,

PT

"Paul Trimble" <maverickpt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Setting up a new system with ddr 266 or 333 ram and have a choice of the
> following makes, which would be the best quality?
>
> Adtec - Corsair - DRAM Value - PNY
>
> I had though Corsair because I haven't heard of the other brands before.
> Thanks in advance for the feeback,

The brands I'd go with are Corsair, Crucial, or Kingston.

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

"Paul Trimble" <maverickpt@hotmail.com> said:

> Setting up a new system with ddr 266 or 333 ram and have a choice of the
> following makes, which would be the best quality?
>
> Adtec - Corsair - DRAM Value - PNY
>
> I had though Corsair because I haven't heard of the other brands before.
> Thanks in advance for the feeback,

From those choices, Corsair is the best.
--
Mac Cool

"Paul Trimble" <maverickpt@hotmail.com> wrote...
> Setting up a new system with ddr 266 or 333 ram and have a choice of the
> following makes, which would be the best quality?
>
> Adtec - Corsair - DRAM Value - PNY

I've used PNY, Corsair, and Crucial without problem.

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:35:47 +0100: written by "Paul Trimble"
<maverickpt@hotmail.com>:

>Setting up a new system with ddr 266 or 333 ram and have a choice of the
>following makes, which would be the best quality?
>
>Adtec - Corsair - DRAM Value - PNY
>
>I had though Corsair because I haven't heard of the other brands before.
>Thanks in advance for the feeback,

Acknowledging that it is not in your list:

I exclusively use Crucial and check which serial number to get from
their website http://www.crucial.com. I'm currently running an ASUS
P4S800D-E DELUXE MB at the moment with Crucial and have two TYAN's MBs
with all Crucial in them that are rock-solid.

I've never had a problem using Crucial memory and the last thing I want
to deal with are potential errors from MB/RAM conflicts. Yes, I pay
more for RAM, but I have yet to have any issues, so I guess you can say
that I'm buying some insurance when I go with Crucial.

This is my experience...

"Same Guy" <was@another.address> wrote in message
> Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:35:47 +0100: written by "Paul Trimble"
> <maverickpt@hotmail.com>:
>
> >Setting up a new system with ddr 266 or 333 ram and have a choice of the
> >following makes, which would be the best quality?
> >
> >Adtec - Corsair - DRAM Value - PNY
> >
> >I had though Corsair because I haven't heard of the other brands before.
> >Thanks in advance for the feeback,
>
> Acknowledging that it is not in your list:
>

> I exclusively use Crucial and check which serial number to get from
> their website http://www.crucial.com. I'm currently running an ASUS
> P4S800D-E DELUXE MB at the moment with Crucial and have two TYAN's MBs
> with all Crucial in them that are rock-solid.
>
> I've never had a problem using Crucial memory and the last thing I want
> to deal with are potential errors from MB/RAM conflicts. Yes, I pay
> more for RAM, but I have yet to have any issues, so I guess you can say
> that I'm buying some insurance when I go with Crucial.
>
> This is my experience...

I would like to tell you how much I appreciate your using Crucial. I work
at Micron which makes the Crucial product. My income is helped by your
buying our product. I work in a fab as an operator.

Alan in Boise

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:55:28 -0600: written by "Alan W. Blackmon"
<awblackmon@hotmail.com>:

>I would like to tell you how much I appreciate your using Crucial. I work
>at Micron which makes the Crucial product. My income is helped by your
>buying our product. I work in a fab as an operator.

Keep making a solid product and I'll keep buying it! ;-)

Keep up the good work.

Of the 4 brands you listed I would go for the Corsair brand. I've
purchased them in the past and have never had a problem.

Good luck!