any know of a good socket-939 motherboard with 64-bit pci ..

I am looking into building a decent workstation, and plan to use an
amd 64 bit proc with the 939 socket. I am _not_ looking into opterons,
btw.

Anyone know any motherboards with a 939 socket, and one or more 64-bit
pci slots? And/or any with built-in SCSI raid (NOT software raid...I
want a hardware implementation.)

Thanks,

--Farrell F.
2 answers Last reply
More about good socket motherboard

    In article <bf4a6c76.0408012115.42c1a841
    @posting.google.com>, upgrdman@mindspring.com says...
    > I am looking into building a decent workstation, and plan to use an
    > amd 64 bit proc with the 939 socket. I am _not_ looking into opterons,
    > btw.

    > Anyone know any motherboards with a 939 socket, and one or more 64-bit
    > pci slots? And/or any with built-in SCSI raid (NOT software raid...I
    > want a hardware implementation.)

    Check Tyan's product matrix:

    http://www.tyan.com/products/html/matrix.html

    PCI-X is the older style, 66Mhz/133Mhz, 64bit interface.
    Not to be confused (as I've often done) with PCIe (or
    PCI Express) which is coming soon.

    The best one you can probably get NOW is the Asus A8V. The yet to be
    shipped MSI NForce board has been very well reviewed, and lots of
    people want to get a good look at it.

    upgrdman@mindspring.com (upgrdman) wrote in message news:<bf4a6c76.0408012115.42c1a841@posting.google.com>...
    > I am looking into building a decent workstation, and plan to use an
    > amd 64 bit proc with the 939 socket. I am _not_ looking into opterons,
    > btw.
    >
    > Anyone know any motherboards with a 939 socket, and one or more 64-bit
    > pci slots? And/or any with built-in SCSI raid (NOT software raid...I
    > want a hardware implementation.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --Farrell F.

Homebuilt Hardware NAS / RAID Socket Motherboards Systems