Replacement for fan on mobo?

shawk

Hiya,

I have a case with 4 fans in it. I then have the CPU fan, 9800Pro stock fan
and two PSU fans. The loudest damn fan is the sodding small one on the
NF7-S(2) mobo! Now I 'could' put up with that but the thing is definitely
starting to make the kind of noise that leads me to believe it isn't long
for this PC. Can anyone advise what I can replace it with and also
(blushes) what it's called? (I've put lots of PC's together without yet
having the need to learn all the components).

Many thanks, Shaun

> Hiya,
>
> I have a case with 4 fans in it. I then have the CPU fan, 9800Pro stock
fan
> and two PSU fans. The loudest damn fan is the sodding small one on the
> NF7-S(2) mobo! Now I 'could' put up with that but the thing is definitely
> starting to make the kind of noise that leads me to believe it isn't long
> for this PC. Can anyone advise what I can replace it with and also
> (blushes) what it's called? (I've put lots of PC's together without yet
> having the need to learn all the components).
>
> Many thanks, Shaun

You are looking for a nf2 chipset cooler. The following looks promising,
but you should look for a less expensive model without a cooling fan. You
really don't need a cooling fan. -Dave

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-109-117&depa=0

Spajky

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:35:29 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
> The loudest damn fan is the sodding small one on the
>NF7-S(2) mobo! Now I 'could' put up with that but the thing is definitely
>starting to make the kind of noise that leads me to believe it isn't long
>for this PC. Can anyone advise what I can replace it with

lubrificate it a bit with some grease (in the hole under brand
sticker) & run it on 7 or even 5V instead on 12 ...

if doesn´t wanna start at that lower voltages, there are some
schematics on my site uder electronics ...
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:35:29 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>Hiya,
>
>I have a case with 4 fans in it. I then have the CPU fan, 9800Pro stock fan
>and two PSU fans. The loudest damn fan is the sodding small one on the
>NF7-S(2) mobo! Now I 'could' put up with that but the thing is definitely
>starting to make the kind of noise that leads me to believe it isn't long
>for this PC. Can anyone advise what I can replace it with and also
>(blushes) what it's called? (I've put lots of PC's together without yet
>having the need to learn all the components).
>
>Many thanks, Shaun

One of these should do it. That price is in Canadian too,

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=10205&vpn=ZM-NB47J&manufacture=ZALMAN%20TECH

shawk

"maggot" <maggot@no.email> wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:35:29 +0100, "Shawk"
> <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
>
> >Hiya,
> >
> >I have a case with 4 fans in it. I then have the CPU fan, 9800Pro stock
fan
> >and two PSU fans. The loudest damn fan is the sodding small one on the
> >NF7-S(2) mobo! Now I 'could' put up with that but the thing is
definitely
> >starting to make the kind of noise that leads me to believe it isn't long
> >for this PC. Can anyone advise what I can replace it with and also
> >(blushes) what it's called? (I've put lots of PC's together without yet
> >having the need to learn all the components).
> >
> >Many thanks, Shaun
> >

> One of these should do it. That price is in Canadian too,

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=10205&vpn=ZM-NB47J&manufacture=ZALMAN%20TECH

Thanks all, have ordered the Zalman NB47J from Overclockers UK - taken with
the idea of no fan. Have oiled the current fan previously (sewing machine
oil) but I think its past that. Cheers, Shaun

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:35:29 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>Hiya,
>
>I have a case with 4 fans in it. I then have the CPU fan, 9800Pro stock fan
>and two PSU fans. The loudest damn fan is the sodding small one on the
>NF7-S(2) mobo! Now I 'could' put up with that but the thing is definitely
>starting to make the kind of noise that leads me to believe it isn't long
>for this PC. Can anyone advise what I can replace it with and also
>(blushes) what it's called? (I've put lots of PC's together without yet
>having the need to learn all the components).
>
>Many thanks, Shaun

""
>(I've put lots of PC's together without yet
>having the need to learn all the components).
""
Shame on you then.

But as for your fan, do you want a CPU fan, a chassis fan, a power
supply fan?

Take a look in your local computer shop if there's one around. Most
mom-n-pop places even stock decent fans.

---Atreju---

TRENDING THREADS