Making a backup copy of Halo

I always backup all my games but I'm having trouble with this one. I know
it uses SafeDisc (I think v2.9) to protect it.

I tried copying the CDs ISO image using CloneCD, then I burned it using
Alcohol 120%. Everything went okay but when I tried to run the game (I
already have it installed from my original copy), I got the "please insert
disc" message.

I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing using the copied disc to see
if that would work. The installation went fine, but I got the same "insert
disc" message as before when I actually tried to run the game.

Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about making backup copy halo

    A No-CD crack from http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

    "Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I always backup all my games but I'm having trouble with this one. I know
    > it uses SafeDisc (I think v2.9) to protect it.
    >
    > I tried copying the CDs ISO image using CloneCD, then I burned it using
    > Alcohol 120%. Everything went okay but when I tried to run the game (I
    > already have it installed from my original copy), I got the "please insert
    > disc" message.
    >
    > I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing using the copied disc to
    see
    > if that would work. The installation went fine, but I got the same
    "insert
    > disc" message as before when I actually tried to run the game.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Backup copies, ok ok... pmsl!!

    On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:27:09 +0100, "A Manky Dog"
    <bloody@bleedinbloody.hell> wrote:

    >"Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I always backup all my games but I'm having trouble with this one. I know
    >> it uses SafeDisc (I think v2.9) to protect it.
    >>
    >> I tried copying the CDs ISO image using CloneCD, then I burned it using
    >> Alcohol 120%. Everything went okay but when I tried to run the game (I
    >> already have it installed from my original copy), I got the "please insert
    >> disc" message.
    >>
    >> I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing using the copied disc to
    >see
    >> if that would work. The installation went fine, but I got the same
    >"insert
    >> disc" message as before when I actually tried to run the game.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    >Backup copies, ok ok... pmsl!!

    Hehehe yeah I got a kick out of that too. "Backup" hehe.

    But no, seriously, I personally DO make backups, even though I could
    always get replacements. Something like a game you definitely want to
    backup (ironically) because in a year or two, there's no way in heck
    you'll be able to get the company to send you a replacement. A
    business product made by a reputable company like Symantec, Microsoft,
    Intuit, et al, that you could get replacement media for, but games...
    I don't think they are that good with customer service.

    Then again, in a few years you won't be able to run that game on the
    latest computer anyhow... :-(

    ---Atreju---

Homebuilt Games Backup Systems