Making a backup copy of Halo

I always backup all my games but I'm having trouble with this one. I know
it uses SafeDisc (I think v2.9) to protect it.

I tried copying the CDs ISO image using CloneCD, then I burned it using
Alcohol 120%. Everything went okay but when I tried to run the game (I
already have it installed from my original copy), I got the "please insert
disc" message.

I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing using the copied disc to see
if that would work. The installation went fine, but I got the same "insert
disc" message as before when I actually tried to run the game.

Any ideas?

A No-CD crack from http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

"Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I always backup all my games but I'm having trouble with this one. I know
> it uses SafeDisc (I think v2.9) to protect it.
>
> I tried copying the CDs ISO image using CloneCD, then I burned it using
> Alcohol 120%. Everything went okay but when I tried to run the game (I
> already have it installed from my original copy), I got the "please insert
> disc" message.
>
> I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing using the copied disc to
see
> if that would work. The installation went fine, but I got the same
"insert
> disc" message as before when I actually tried to run the game.
>
> Any ideas?

Backup copies, ok ok... pmsl!!

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:27:09 +0100, "A Manky Dog"
<bloody@bleedinbloody.hell> wrote:

>"Invid-Corg" <spacehut2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I always backup all my games but I'm having trouble with this one. I know
>> it uses SafeDisc (I think v2.9) to protect it.
>>
>> I tried copying the CDs ISO image using CloneCD, then I burned it using
>> Alcohol 120%. Everything went okay but when I tried to run the game (I
>> already have it installed from my original copy), I got the "please insert
>> disc" message.
>>
>> I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing using the copied disc to
>see
>> if that would work. The installation went fine, but I got the same
>"insert
>> disc" message as before when I actually tried to run the game.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>Backup copies, ok ok... pmsl!!

Hehehe yeah I got a kick out of that too. "Backup" hehe.

But no, seriously, I personally DO make backups, even though I could
always get replacements. Something like a game you definitely want to
backup (ironically) because in a year or two, there's no way in heck
you'll be able to get the company to send you a replacement. A
business product made by a reputable company like Symantec, Microsoft,
Intuit, et al, that you could get replacement media for, but games...
I don't think they are that good with customer service.

Then again, in a few years you won't be able to run that game on the
latest computer anyhow... :-(

---Atreju---