Where can I get a beige faceplate for LiteOn DVD-ROM drive..

Anyone know where I can buy a beige faceplate for a LITEON DVD-ROM drive? I
bought one on eBay but it came with a black faceplate, and my tower is white. I
checked on the LITEON website but they dont offer spare parts for sale.

Thanks.....
3 answers Last reply
More about where beige faceplate liteon drive

    On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:22:39 -0400, "TJM" <tjm@nospam> wrote:

    | Anyone know where I can buy a beige faceplate for a LITEON DVD-ROM drive? I
    | bought one on eBay but it came with a black faceplate, and my tower is white. I
    | checked on the LITEON website but they dont offer spare parts for sale.

    Krylon makes a spray paint for plastic. Also, here's a website that
    gives details on painting drive bezels:

    http://www.directron.com/paintguide.html

    Many auto parts stores carry vinyl dye for plastic on cars. I
    understand it effectively "melts" into the plastic, becomes a part of
    it, and can't even be scratched off.

    Changing the color of what you have may be an easier option than
    finding a replacement bezel. Also, you have a tray front and one or
    two buttons that may need a color change as well.

    Larc

    I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone out there who has a beige bezel in
    a black case who'd be happy to arrange a swap. I'd be even more surprised if
    there were a dye that would effectively change a black bezel to beige,
    although from beige to black would be easier.

    > Krylon makes a spray paint for plastic. Also, here's a website that
    > gives details on painting drive bezels:
    >
    > http://www.directron.com/paintguide.html
    >
    > Many auto parts stores carry vinyl dye for plastic on cars. I
    > understand it effectively "melts" into the plastic, becomes a part of
    > it, and can't even be scratched off.

    Thanks for the good ideas....that Directron paint tutorial will come in handy.

Homebuilt Liteon DVD Drives Systems