Where can I get a beige faceplate for LiteOn DVD-ROM drive..

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

Anyone know where I can buy a beige faceplate for a LITEON DVD-ROM drive? I
bought one on eBay but it came with a black faceplate, and my tower is white. I
checked on the LITEON website but they dont offer spare parts for sale.

Thanks.....

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:22:39 -0400, "TJM" <tjm@nospam> wrote:

| Anyone know where I can buy a beige faceplate for a LITEON DVD-ROM drive? I
| bought one on eBay but it came with a black faceplate, and my tower is white. I
| checked on the LITEON website but they dont offer spare parts for sale.

Krylon makes a spray paint for plastic. Also, here's a website that
gives details on painting drive bezels:

http://www.directron.com/paintguide.html

Many auto parts stores carry vinyl dye for plastic on cars. I
understand it effectively "melts" into the plastic, becomes a part of
it, and can't even be scratched off.

Changing the color of what you have may be an easier option than
finding a replacement bezel. Also, you have a tray front and one or
two buttons that may need a color change as well.

Larc

I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone out there who has a beige bezel in
a black case who'd be happy to arrange a swap. I'd be even more surprised if
there were a dye that would effectively change a black bezel to beige,
although from beige to black would be easier.

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

> Krylon makes a spray paint for plastic. Also, here's a website that
> gives details on painting drive bezels:
>
> http://www.directron.com/paintguide.html
>
> Many auto parts stores carry vinyl dye for plastic on cars. I
> understand it effectively "melts" into the plastic, becomes a part of
> it, and can't even be scratched off.

Thanks for the good ideas....that Directron paint tutorial will come in handy.