Cell phone cable with PPC 2003

August 12, 2004 10:40:40 AM

I have purchased a couple of cables to use my cellular
phone as a modem from my iPAQ 3850. I recently upgraded
the 3850 to Pocket PC 2003 Premium and although I have
great wireless support on my home network, I don't see
where to set up connections with my cellular phone. The
support boards where I purchased the cable refers to the
Internet Connection Wizard but when I try to install it,
it says that it is for PocketPC 2002 only. What do I
need to get my iPAQ to recognize my cellular phone
(Motorola T720 CDMA) as a dialer?
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 12:57:45 PM

Reply to message from "John Sellinger" <jsellinger@magliner.com> (Thu, 12
Aug 2004 06:40:40) about "Cell phone cable with PPC 2003":

John,

You'll need a WM 2003 compatible driver from the cable manufacturer. Check
their web site for an update.

Once you have the driver installed, you'll find the cable is now listed as
a "modem" which you can select under the "Add a new modem connection" found
under the menu item Start-> Settings-> Connections tab-> Connections icon.

Good luck,

John A. Landry <gyroEREMOVETHISpilot@earthlink.net> Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:42:
59 -0700