Shortcut to SP2's "Choose a wireless network" dialog box?

I'd like to create a shortcut on my desktop that opens XP SP2's new "Choose a
wireless network" dialog box.

Windows XP SP2 introduced an interesting new dialog box for displaying and
selecting wireless networks. This dialog box appears when one selects "View
available wireless networks" from the contextual menu that appears when one
right-clicks on a wireless network interface in the Network Connections
window.

Is there a way to create a shortcut that opens this dialog box?
3 answers Last reply
More about shortcut choose wireless network dialog

    You should be able to right click on the icon in the system tray and select
    View Wireless networks.

    If you don't have the icon, go to you wireless connection and enable it.

    Clark

    "Michael A. Lowry" <Michael A. Lowry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:F9DD328E-287B-4E7B-9031-49666BA180B2@microsoft.com...
    > I'd like to create a shortcut on my desktop that opens XP SP2's new
    > "Choose a
    > wireless network" dialog box.
    >
    > Windows XP SP2 introduced an interesting new dialog box for displaying and
    > selecting wireless networks. This dialog box appears when one selects
    > "View
    > available wireless networks" from the contextual menu that appears when
    > one
    > right-clicks on a wireless network interface in the Network Connections
    > window.
    >
    > Is there a way to create a shortcut that opens this dialog box?

    Thanks, but I'm already aware of the icon in the system tray. I want to make
    a shortcut on the desktop.

    "Clark" wrote:

    > You should be able to right click on the icon in the system tray and select
    > View Wireless networks.
    > If you don't have the icon, go to you wireless connection and enable it.

    I've also been looking for a direct shortcut to that dialog box, no luck yet.

    "Michael A. Lowry" wrote:

    > I'd like to create a shortcut on my desktop that opens XP SP2's new "Choose a
    > wireless network" dialog box.
    >
    > Windows XP SP2 introduced an interesting new dialog box for displaying and
    > selecting wireless networks. This dialog box appears when one selects "View
    > available wireless networks" from the contextual menu that appears when one
    > right-clicks on a wireless network interface in the Network Connections
    > window.
    >
    > Is there a way to create a shortcut that opens this dialog box?

Wireless Wireless Network Dialog Wireless Networking