Shortcut to SP2's "Choose a wireless network" dialog box?

Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Wireless Network
  • Dialog
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 28, 2005 1:16:10 PM

I'd like to create a shortcut on my desktop that opens XP SP2's new "Choose a
wireless network" dialog box.

Windows XP SP2 introduced an interesting new dialog box for displaying and
selecting wireless networks. This dialog box appears when one selects "View
available wireless networks" from the contextual menu that appears when one
right-clicks on a wireless network interface in the Network Connections
window.

Is there a way to create a shortcut that opens this dialog box?

More about : shortcut sp2 choose wireless network dialog box

June 28, 2005 8:42:28 PM

You should be able to right click on the icon in the system tray and select
View Wireless networks.

If you don't have the icon, go to you wireless connection and enable it.

Clark

"Michael A. Lowry" <Michael A. Lowry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F9DD328E-287B-4E7B-9031-49666BA180B2@microsoft.com...
> I'd like to create a shortcut on my desktop that opens XP SP2's new
> "Choose a
> wireless network" dialog box.
>
> Windows XP SP2 introduced an interesting new dialog box for displaying and
> selecting wireless networks. This dialog box appears when one selects
> "View
> available wireless networks" from the contextual menu that appears when
> one
> right-clicks on a wireless network interface in the Network Connections
> window.
>
> Is there a way to create a shortcut that opens this dialog box?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 28, 2005 8:42:29 PM

Thanks, but I'm already aware of the icon in the system tray. I want to make
a shortcut on the desktop.

"Clark" wrote:

> You should be able to right click on the icon in the system tray and select
> View Wireless networks.
> If you don't have the icon, go to you wireless connection and enable it.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 8, 2005 6:39:18 AM

I've also been looking for a direct shortcut to that dialog box, no luck yet.

!