PC doesn't start up. I NEED HELP!!!!

Hello. I have a compaq presario 5630La. I was using it normally, and
suddenly it just turn of...Just before that happen I was hearing some
noise, I believe from the processor ventilation.

So. After the pc turned off, I tried to turn it on. It shows the
compaq logo, the floppy disk led starts up, and it remains like that.
Nothing else happens... I've tried several times, but it is always the
same..

What could be happening? What could I do??

I Thank you,

Camilo.

Perhaps your fan has given up the ghost and the unit is overheating and
shutting down from too much heat?

"Camilo Plata" <bacata55@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I have a compaq presario 5630La. I was using it normally, and
> suddenly it just turn of...Just before that happen I was hearing some
> noise, I believe from the processor ventilation.
>
> So. After the pc turned off, I tried to turn it on. It shows the
> compaq logo, the floppy disk led starts up, and it remains like that.
> Nothing else happens... I've tried several times, but it is always the
> same..
>
> What could be happening? What could I do??
>
> I Thank you,
>
> Camilo.

"Camilo Plata" <bacata55@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I have a compaq presario 5630La. I was using it normally, and
> suddenly it just turn of...Just before that happen I was hearing some
> noise, I believe from the processor ventilation.
>
> So. After the pc turned off, I tried to turn it on. It shows the
> compaq logo, the floppy disk led starts up, and it remains like that.
> Nothing else happens... I've tried several times, but it is always the
> same..
>
> What could be happening? What could I do??
>
> I Thank you,
>
> Camilo.

First thing I would do is check the power supply for proper voltages with a
meter.

Check the CPU fan, it could be overheating.

--

Lenny Vaz

bacata55@yahoo.com (Camilo Plata) wrote in message news:<ff322a3d.0408050520.5102e382@posting.google.com>...
> Hello. I have a compaq presario 5630La. I was using it normally, and
> suddenly it just turn of...Just before that happen I was hearing some
> noise, I believe from the processor ventilation.
>
> So. After the pc turned off, I tried to turn it on. It shows the
> compaq logo, the floppy disk led starts up, and it remains like that.
> Nothing else happens... I've tried several times, but it is always the
> same..
>
> What could be happening? What could I do??
>
> I Thank you,
>
> Camilo.

boy i hate that compaq computer. Compaq is not easy to manage by yourself.
I rather built myself so I know what's going on hardware. Compaq is not
easy to open the case.