Newbie MAME Shopping list

Hello, I am going to put together a MAME system and was wanting to know
peoples suggestions for Control Boards,Interface cards, Computer
Hardware inculding Video Adapter cards, etc. It will be a Darkstalkers
Cabinet with the original monitor. Also is the Horizontol arrangement
of the current monitor a "good thing"? Sorry for the basic questions,
but any help/suggestions for the build list would be greatly
appreciated. No need to re-invent the wheel. I am sure many of you have
learned by trial and error, and seeing other systems, now here is a
chance to say what you would do if you had a clean slate, basic arcade
cabinet and monitor, and the lure of playing with someone's elses
money. Thanks in advance, feel free to email me directly if you like.
John
10 answers Last reply
More about newbie mame shopping list

    Thanks for the website, will check it out!

    flex0012000@yahoo.comafter crossing the finish line at the Special Olympics
    proudly proclaimed:

    Are you familiar with www.arcadecontrols.com ?

    --
    FSogol

    FSogol thought about it a bit, then said...
    > flex0012000@yahoo.comafter crossing the finish line at the Special Olympics
    > proudly proclaimed:
    >
    > > Hello, I am going to put together a MAME system and was wanting to know
    > > peoples suggestions for SNIP
    >
    > Are you familiar with www.arcadecontrols.com ?

    Hey, don't forget http://www.retroblast.com!

    Lots of suggestions and reviews of arcade parts for a MAME cab! ;-)

    --
    Kevin Steele
    RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

    Kevin Steele wrote:
    > FSogol thought about it a bit, then said...
    >
    >>flex0012000@yahoo.comafter crossing the finish line at the Special Olympics
    >>proudly proclaimed:
    >>

    >>>Hello, I am going to put together a MAME system and was wanting to know
    >>>peoples suggestions for SNIP
    >>
    >>Are you familiar with www.arcadecontrols.com ?
    >

    > Hey, don't forget http://www.retroblast.com!
    >
    > Lots of suggestions and reviews of arcade parts for a MAME cab! ;-)

    ....and (possibly) free goodies from our favourite spammer! <GBG>

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Deadly_Dad

    fnonevolvingp@qchalcosideritew.net pnoktad@fremodifyt.com
    funmonopolizingh@mdisperserf.net smetastaticb@afeveri.mil
    kinarticulatelyl@esoh.net aunexemplaryk@gexcessu.edu
    tmyographz@gakanekunike.org rantistrophonx@ononoutlawryv.net
    eosteochondrousw@pdaimonisticx.com dmarkfielditei@mmultigraphn.net

    Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net>after crossing the finish
    line at the Special Olympics proudly proclaimed:

    >> > Hello, I am going to put together a MAME system and was wanting to
    >> > know peoples suggestions for SNIP
    >>
    >> Are you familiar with www.arcadecontrols.com ?
    >
    > Hey, don't forget http://www.retroblast.com!
    >
    > Lots of suggestions and reviews of arcade parts for a MAME cab! ;-)

    SSShhh. Why let more people know about the "contests"?

    --
    FSogol

    FSogol thought about it a bit, then said...
    > Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net>after crossing the finish
    > line at the Special Olympics proudly proclaimed:

    > >> Are you familiar with www.arcadecontrols.com ?
    > >
    > > Hey, don't forget http://www.retroblast.com!
    > >
    > > Lots of suggestions and reviews of arcade parts for a MAME cab! ;-)
    >
    > SSShhh. Why let more people know about the "contests"?

    We've obviously got a conflict of interest here: it's in my best
    interests to make sure as many people know about the contests (on the
    front page of RetroBlast.com ;-) while it's in your best interests to
    make sure as few people know as possible about the contests (at
    www.RetroBlast.com)

    The more people know about the great contests (at RetroBlast.com), the
    more site traffic I get, but the more people who enter the great
    contests (at RetroBlast.com), the worse your odds are of winning.

    If no one knew about the free giveaways (at RetroBlast.com), you'd
    practically be guaranteed a win.

    Kevin

    P.S. I'm going to hell for this, I just know it...

    --

    Kevin Steele wrote:

    >>>Hey, don't forget http://www.retroblast.com!
    >>
    >>SSShhh. Why let more people know about the "contests"?
    >
    > the contests of RetroBlast.com
    > the contests (at www.RetroBlast.com)
    >the great contests (at RetroBlast.com),
    >the great contests (at RetroBlast.com),
    >free giveaways (at RetroBlast.com)

    D'oh

    --
    FSogol

    FSogol thought about it a bit, then said...

    > >>SSShhh. Why let more people know about the "contests"?
    > >
    > > the contests of RetroBlast.com
    > > the contests (at www.RetroBlast.com)
    > >the great contests (at RetroBlast.com),
    > >the great contests (at RetroBlast.com),
    > >free giveaways (at RetroBlast.com)
    > >

    > D'oh

    Great snippage there - trimmed the fat and got right to the meat of my
    message. ;-)

    --

    flex0012000@yahoo.com wrote:

    > suggestions for Control Boards,Interface cards

    If you are interested in electronic and hardwaredesign, just build your own.

    Kevin Steele wrote:
    Snipped

    > We've obviously got a conflict of interest here: it's in my best
    > interests to make sure as many people know about the contests (on the
    > front page of RetroBlast.com ;-) while it's in your best interests to
    > make sure as few people know as possible about the contests (at
    > www.RetroBlast.com)
    >
    > The more people know about the great contests (at RetroBlast.com), the
    > more site traffic I get, but the more people who enter the great
    > contests (at RetroBlast.com), the worse your odds are of winning.
    >
    > If no one knew about the free giveaways (at RetroBlast.com), you'd
    > practically be guaranteed a win.
    >
    > Kevin
    >
    > P.S. I'm going to hell for this, I just know it...

    He he... Do you wear a trilby had with a fur trimmed coat? Perhaps in
    some pink lowrider too?

    You are pimping something cronic!

    :-)

    --