Cheap POS printer

I wonder if there are cheaper POS-printers available than those Star,
Citizen, Samsung etc. printers that cost about 400 Euros.

Some European supplier or wholesaler would be preferred.

I am here looking low cost POS (thermal?) printer for very occasional
usage, maybe 5..20 receipts per day only.

Any suggestions, or URL maybe?

P. Haikala
4 answers Last reply
More about cheap printer

    "Haikala P." <haikala@please.nomail.net> wrote in message news:<413AFD1E.3625@please.nomail.net>...
    > I wonder if there are cheaper POS-printers available than those Star,
    > Citizen, Samsung etc. printers that cost about 400 Euros.
    >
    > Some European supplier or wholesaler would be preferred.
    >
    > I am here looking low cost POS (thermal?) printer for very occasional
    > usage, maybe 5..20 receipts per day only.
    >
    > Any suggestions, or URL maybe?

    HOw about a dot matrix? Printer, paper and ribbons are cheap and the
    ribbons don't dry out (well, not for years). A lot of thermal
    printouts seem to fade very quickly, dotmatrix ink is permanent.

    There are a ton of them,both new and used,on Ebay!

    Douglas wrote:

    > There are a ton of them,both new and used,on Ebay!

    Thanks, this was not a bad suggestion.
    http://search.ebay.com/pos-printer_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

    The prices there are on right level:-) Yet my idea was to bundle
    that cheap POS-printer with my small software package that I am
    selling. So searching through the varying e-bay offers is not
    exactly what I want now.

    The cheapest new, and still continuing printer series that I know
    are those Dymo label printers, with wholesale prices about
    100 .. 170 euros. But Dymo does not allow to use any other paper
    on these printers than their own sticker label paper. Or otherwise
    the printer's quarantee will be lost.

    So I was thinking that maybe there are some other new, thermal paper
    printers, in let's say 200 euro cathegory, and I could use them
    with the plain thermal paper.

    Of course it could also be a mechanic dot matrix printer. But that
    printer model should be available, let's say at least for the next
    12 months or so.

    P. Haikala

    "Haikala P." <haikala@please.nomail.net> wrote in message news:<413AFD1E.3625@please.nomail.net>...
    > I wonder if there are cheaper POS-printers available than those Star,
    > Citizen, Samsung etc. printers that cost about 400 Euros.
    >
    > Some European supplier or wholesaler would be preferred.
    >
    > I am here looking low cost POS (thermal?) printer for very occasional
    > usage, maybe 5..20 receipts per day only.
    >
    > Any suggestions, or URL maybe?
    >
    > P. Haikala

    Mostly,here...POS means Lexmark! (And has a different meaning!)

Printers Peripherals