Who makes smaller size CDRW drives? (5 1/2")

Tim

I'm trying to replace a CD ROM with a CDRW in an older IBM Netvista
computer. one of these all-in-one things *very* proprietary of course.
A standard CDRW measures 5 3/4" wide and I need about 5 1/2" width.
Any ideas on who might make something in a smaller form factor?

"Tim" <mitebbots@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
> I'm trying to replace a CD ROM with a CDRW in an older IBM Netvista
> computer. one of these all-in-one things *very* proprietary of course.
> A standard CDRW measures 5 3/4" wide and I need about 5 1/2" width.
> Any ideas on who might make something in a smaller form factor?

Who manufactured the original? Is it a notebook-sized drive? -- those seem
to be just a bit narrower than a standard desktop drive and might be a
starting point.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]