SageTV + WinTV-PVR-350 Bundle?

Greetings,

I want to get the best solution for recording regular old analog TV.
I don't mind spending the money I just want quality software and
hardware that does the job.

I have been researching what PVR software and card to buy. It seems
that Sage TV 2.0 and Hauppauge's WinTV-PVR-350 PCI TV tuner card is
the best way to go. Can I get some opinions on this?

SageTV + WinTV-PVR-350 Bundle:
http://store.freytechnologies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SOS&Product_Code=STVPVR350&Category_Code=SB

Thanks,
Jim
1 answer Last reply
More about sagetv wintv bundle

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:12:36 -0700, nospam@domain.com wrote:

    >Greetings,
    >
    >I want to get the best solution for recording regular old analog TV.
    >I don't mind spending the money I just want quality software and
    >hardware that does the job.
    >
    >I have been researching what PVR software and card to buy. It seems
    >that Sage TV 2.0 and Hauppauge's WinTV-PVR-350 PCI TV tuner card is
    >the best way to go. Can I get some opinions on this?
    >
    >SageTV + WinTV-PVR-350 Bundle:
    >http://store.freytechnologies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SOS&Product_Code=STVPVR350&Category_Code=SB
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Jim

    I use the Hauppauge Win TV PVR USB2 and it is excellent... as long as
    it is connected to USB 2 connection there is no difference between it
    and a PCI version... unless you are going to output to a television
    set to view the 350 in not worth the extra expense... I went with the
    USB 2 version because I had no more slots in the computer and I like
    the external power...
    I have Beyond TV 3 and had a lot of problems with it... I then got
    Sage TV... Sage TV has been problem free for me... I wish I would have
    gone with Sage TV first...
    I tape certain Television series and then burn them to DVD... I have
    no need to output to my television so the 350 would be a waste for
    me... if you don't need to view on television go with the 250 or the
    USB 2...
    Glenn M

    A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

Homebuilt TV Hardware WinTV Systems