How to tell ATA100 versus ATA66/33 drive cable?

Is there an easy way to tell an ATA100 cable from an ATA66 ATA33
cable? I have a bunch of drive cables but can't tell which one is
ATA100. Is there a simple way other than trying each cable out?

Thanks

More about ata100 versus ata66 drive cable

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:50:39 -0400, G <nospam@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Is there an easy way to tell an ATA100 cable from an ATA66 ATA33
    >cable? I have a bunch of drive cables but can't tell which one is
    >ATA100. Is there a simple way other than trying each cable out?
    >
    >Thanks

    ATA100 has 80 wires, ATA33 has 40. You can tell by looking at the
    cable itself and seeing that the ATA100 has twice as many ribbed
    surfaces - hopefully you will know what I mean by that.

    In my experience, the ATA 100 cable makers have been pretty consistent about
    putting a blue connector at the motherboard end and black connectors at the
    drive end.

    "G" <nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Is there an easy way to tell an ATA100 cable from an ATA66 ATA33
    > cable? I have a bunch of drive cables but can't tell which one is
    > ATA100. Is there a simple way other than trying each cable out?
    >
    > Thanks

    ATA66, 100, and 133 are the same cable, 80 conductor 40 pin connector. ATA 33 cables are 40 conductor, 40 pin connector, easily
    distinguished from one another by looking at them.

    --
    Vote Quimby
    "G" <nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5ovph051jl1i8676l6rocsp5gho5stcvvr@4ax.com...
    > Is there an easy way to tell an ATA100 cable from an ATA66 ATA33
    > cable? I have a bunch of drive cables but can't tell which one is
    > ATA100. Is there a simple way other than trying each cable out?
    >
    > Thanks

Homebuilt Hardware Cable Systems