Run app on extended desktop

dainova

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
HI, I have new PC with Intel video card, W 7 HP. It's new ZT box from Costco with single video out connector. I watch TV on it and trying to set it so I can watch TV and have another desktop ready for my other computer stuff. Can it be done.
I have option for single, extended destiop in my video settings. I did someting so I can get clean destkop on TV, but could not start my TV app on it.

Tx
Dai

With only the one video out, you can't run 2 different desktops or monitors. Sounds like your TV is the only monitor correct? What happens when you try to run the TV aplplication?

Or do you mean the video out is truly a video out like S-video? Or is it a VGA or DVI connector?

dainova

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
My monitor on DVI and TV on S-Video, my TV application is actually shown in a IE browser, I just want to output it into TV and have my monitor clean.

I played with all desktop option, can't make it so far

Tx
D

Do you see both monitors in Display Properties? You want "Extended" on andd both monitors enabled. You shold be able to just drag the application over to the TV from the main monitor.

S-Video will give you a very poor image, it's not designed to carry a high resolution signal, text will be very hard to read. S-video was made to carry a signal about 400 - 480 lines (S-VHS and DVD), even a low end PC on a 15" monitor will output 600 vertical lines at least.

dainova

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Tx,hang9

Yes, I'm moving into hdmi cable now, will check all again tonight, not sure how to drag app into wanted monitor, is this done inside Display properties?

Tx
D

Display Properties is just to enable the second monitor and configure resolutions, placement, etc.. To move the application over, just grab the top bar of the window and drag it across to the other screen. You will need to un-maximize the window, you can't drag across a maximized window.

dainova

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Yes, it partially works, I mean that I can move IE app into my TV and then maximize it ,but then if I do any action on my LCD that IE winodws gets minimized on TV.

I think i need explicit 2 monitor support with right card, somebody recommend ATI HD 5600.

Apreciate your help.

D

TRENDING THREADS