2.0.1 alpha 25 - New stations

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hi all,

I've finally released the first version of TTDPatch that officially
supports new station graphics. You can get is as usual at
http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

As you've read in Michael's announcement, the first new station graphics
file is available as well, at http://www.ttdpatch.net/newgrf.html .

To use the new station graphics, set "newstations on" in your
ttdpatch.cfg, download the graphics and put them in newgrf(w).cfg. Then
you can use the yellow arrows in the station construction window to
choose the graphics selection. The top arrows will select the station
class (at the moment, regular or waypoints), and the bottom arrows select
the individual graphics within that class.

Note that the new station graphics may not be active by default in
existing savegames. If the arrows are grayed out, try opening the
graphics status window from the tools menu and enable the new stations
there.

As for using waypoints, if you build a station using the signal-boxes (or
waypoints), then that station will become a pure waypoint. That is, it
will never receive or accept cargo, and trains will not stop there, even
if you don't use the non-stop command or the "nonstop on" switch of the
patch. Also, these waypoints will not reduce your local authority rating
for being unserviced stations.

Now have fun playing with the new stations! The next alpha version will
probably take a bit longer since I'm going on vacation the next two
weeks.

Josef.

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 25:
- added format attribute to error message functions to let gcc check
the printf-like arguments
- fixed bug in text-ID version of action 4 overwriting semi-random
texts
- fixed bug in changing new station class names; text-ID is now C1xx
- fixed bug with wrong display of built stations
- fixed bug with apply button/resetvehicles clearing new stations
- waypoints within a town's transport zone no longer reduce the LA
rating
- fixed bug with train wagons sometimes keeping power of previously
sold engine
- modified station action 2 and 3 to be like vehicles; supports
cargo types and different amounts
- new property 10 for stations to set cargo amount for which we
switch from "little" cargo to "lots of" cargo
- can now distinguish regular and pseudo-sprites and show error
message for wrong type instead of crashing
- fixed callback 10 not using the right default value if it fails
- make sure station graphics are refreshed when changing cargo (from
industry or vehicle), when changing rating and/or maybe only when
aging cargo
- actions 2, 3 now check that the ids they refer to are already
defined and display error otherwise
- road vehicle acceleration back at alpha 23 settings
- adjusted default bus powers

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Just curious, do these waypoints count as a real station? Because we can
only build 400 of them...

Mario Schmidt wrote on Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:08:47 +0200:
> Just curious, do these waypoints count as a real station? Because we can
> only build 400 of them...

Yes they count, and you can only have 250 stations, not 400.

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Please help Conserve Gravity | Email address is *valid*.
Play Hockey, not Baseball. | Don't remove the "nospam" part.

Josef Drexler schrieb:

> Yes they count, and you can only have 250 stations, not 400.

That' s bad :)... So you always have to decide: "do I really need this
waypoint?"

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

I cannot get the new stations to work. I have the DOS version, version
alpha 25, newstations is on in ttdpatch.cfg and newstats.grf is set in
newgrf.cfg.
Anything that I didn't think of?

--
Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl

New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
A nuclear war can ruin your whole day.

Afoklala wrote:

> I cannot get the new stations to work. I have the DOS version,
> version alpha 25, newstations is on in ttdpatch.cfg and
> newstats.grf is set in newgrf.cfg.
> Anything that I didn't think of?

Try "signalsontrafficside on" in ttdpatch.cfg

regards
Michael

Op Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:06:05 +0200 schreef Michael Blunck:

> Afoklala wrote:
>
>> I cannot get the new stations to work. I have the DOS version,
>> version alpha 25, newstations is on in ttdpatch.cfg and
>> newstats.grf is set in newgrf.cfg.
>> Anything that I didn't think of?
>
> Try "signalsontrafficside on" in ttdpatch.cfg

I already have that on.

--
Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl

New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
E=MC^2.. I'm not fat! I'm energetic!

Op Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:05:38 +0200 schreef Michael Blunck:

>>> Try "signalsontrafficside on" in ttdpatch.cfg
>
>> I already have that on.
>
> Mmh. Did you take a look on:
> http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=NewStations ?

Yes.

> What´s the exact problem?

I see absolutely no difference between ttdl before and after the new
stations. They are simply not there, no arrows to click on, nothing, just
the plain old station window as we have all come to know it up until
recently.

--
Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl

New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Afoklala wrote on Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:36:07 +0200:
> I see absolutely no difference between ttdl before and after the new
> stations. They are simply not there, no arrows to click on, nothing, just
> the plain old station window as we have all come to know it up until
> recently.

Maybe there's another switch which influences the new stations feature in
a strange way like signalsontrafficside. I have absolutely no idea why
that one is required either.

You could try experimenting with your ttdpatch.cfg to see if you can find
out what else might be required.

Unfortunately (for you; fortunately for me) I'm going on vacation now, so
I can't do anything about this until I get back in two weeks.

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
Please help Conserve Gravity | Email address is *valid*.
Go by car/train, don't fly. | Don't remove the "nospam" part.

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Just try getting rid of your config file and giving it a go with defaults,
if that doesn't work make sure the switches are set as described in this
thread. Also double check you are running 2.0.1 alpha 25 and have all the
new graphics installed correctly.