Is BTX catching on?

"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
news:p1k9i0h22v63friuflgomksl7d24dlkq2o@4ax.com...
> I read an article last week that Gateway is cranking out BTX form PCs.

Hi Phisherman

Have you got a link to that article, or is it on Gateways' homepage.

Yours Technomancer

Add @ntlworld.com to my e-mail address

Phisherman

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:46:54 GMT, "Technomancer"
<technomancer@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
>> I read an article last week that Gateway is cranking out BTX form PCs.
>
>Hi Phisherman
>
>Have you got a link to that article, or is it on Gateways' homepage.
>
>Yours Technomancer
>
>Add @ntlworld.com to my e-mail address

Sorry I don't recall. But, I either read it in last week eWeek or
Computerworld magazine (not online).

Craig

"Technomancer" <technomancer@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> "Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
>> I read an article last week that Gateway is cranking out BTX form PCs.
>
> Hi Phisherman
>
> Have you got a link to that article, or is it on Gateways' homepage.
>
> Yours Technomancer
>
> Add @ntlworld.com to my e-mail address

http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/08/03/HNgatewaybtx_1.html

Craig

In news:alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com>
posted on Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:11:11 GMT:

> I read an article last week that Gateway is cranking out BTX form PCs.

If BTX is smaller than ATX, I'll pass. I'm a size queen when it comes to
computer cases because I like to have a lot of room to work inside.

Damaeus

Damaeus wrote:
> In news:alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com>
> posted on Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:11:11 GMT:
>

>>I read an article last week that Gateway is cranking out BTX form PCs.
>

> If BTX is smaller than ATX, I'll pass. I'm a size queen when it comes to
> computer cases because I like to have a lot of room to work inside.
>
> Damaeus

BTX covers a range of 'sizes' just as the ATX standard does.

"Craig" <nospam@aart3ol.com> wrote in message

> "Technomancer" <technomancer@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > "Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
> >> I read an article last week that Gateway is cranking out BTX form PCs.
> >
> > Hi Phisherman
> >
> > Have you got a link to that article, or is it on Gateways' homepage.
> >
> > Yours Technomancer
> >
> > Add @ntlworld.com to my e-mail address
> >

> http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/08/03/HNgatewaybtx_1.html
>
> Craig

Thanks Matt & Craig for the links, from previous articles I had seen I did
not think anybody was going to produce any BTX, systems till next year or
potentially never. Since there seemed to be strong resistance, hopefully I
will not have to wait long for a BTX, AMD, configuration.

> "Craig" <nospam@aart3ol.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Technomancer" <technomancer@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > "Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Hi Phisherman
>> >
>> > Have you got a link to that article, or is it on Gateways' homepage.
>> >
>> > Yours Technomancer
>> >
>> > Add @ntlworld.com to my e-mail address
>> >

>> http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/08/03/HNgatewaybtx_1.html
>>
>> Craig
>
> Thanks Matt & Craig for the links, from previous articles I had seen I did
> not think anybody was going to produce any BTX, systems till next year or
> potentially never. Since there seemed to be strong resistance, hopefully
> will not have to wait long for a BTX, AMD, configuration.
>

> Yours Technomancer
>
> Add @ntlworld.com to my e-mail address

BTX and AMB CPU not going to happen anytime soon
http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2070&p=2

Craig

> "Technomancer" <technomancer@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > "Craig" <nospam@aart3ol.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Technomancer" <technomancer@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
PCs.

> >> http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/08/03/HNgatewaybtx_1.html
> >>
> >> Craig
> >
> > Thanks Matt & Craig for the links, from previous articles I had seen I
did
> > not think anybody was going to produce any BTX, systems till next year
or
> > potentially never. Since there seemed to be strong resistance,
hopefully
> > will not have to wait long for a BTX, AMD, configuration.
> >

> > Yours Technomancer
> >
> > Add @ntlworld.com to my e-mail address
> >

> BTX and AMB CPU not going to happen anytime soon
> http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2070&p=2
>
> Craig

Hi Craig

Thanks for the information, I already knew that AMD, was not going to rush
into this, and knew that mobo manufacturers were not keen to change. Having
said that I got the impression that it would happen eventually, just that as
always I will have to change my system again when its time to upgrade the
next time instead this time.