Disk drive question

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 19, 2004 5:34:10 PM

I think my present drive is starting to die. When I want to change a
disk, the tray goes out and in without stopping. I've been grabbing the
tray and physically holding it to change disk. Gonna die soon?

More about : disk drive question

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 19, 2004 10:05:57 PM

"ill" <artform@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I think my present drive is starting to die. When I want to change a
> disk, the tray goes out and in without stopping. I've been grabbing the
> tray and physically holding it to change disk. Gonna die soon?

Maybe. But there are some viruses that cause this, also. -Dave
!