Sound problem...... Help....

Hello.
I have a friend that has a computer with a soltec motherboard model
SL-85DR2+ and that has been a nightmare as I just can't get the sound to
work.
It finds the software and everything its just saying that the hardware can't
be initialized??????? Never seen something like it....
Anyone out here who had the same problem???? How did you sorted????
Cheers
Carlos

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:22:45 GMT Its all about soul.No soul,no life
and then "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote :

>Hello.
>I have a friend that has a computer with a soltec motherboard model
>SL-85DR2+ and that has been a nightmare as I just can't get the sound to
>work.
>It finds the software and everything its just saying that the hardware can't
>be initialized??????? Never seen something like it....
>Anyone out here who had the same problem???? How did you sorted????
>Cheers
>Carlos

What O/S?
What sound card/Chip?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply

"Shep©" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:22:45 GMT Its all about soul.No soul,no life
> and then "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote :
>
> >Hello.
> >I have a friend that has a computer with a soltec motherboard model
> >SL-85DR2+ and that has been a nightmare as I just can't get the sound to
> >work.
> >It finds the software and everything its just saying that the hardware
can't
> >be initialized??????? Never seen something like it....
> >Anyone out here who had the same problem???? How did you sorted????
> >Cheers
> >Carlos
> >

> What O/S?
> What sound card/Chip?
>

> --
> Free Windows/PC help,
> ht8tp://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
> remove obvious to reply
> email shep@obviouspartyheld.de
> Free songs to download and,"BURN" :O)
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/nomessiahsmusic.htm

Wiindows XP Pro
AC97

i cannot get my AC'97 (acl655) codec to work either...
I have the gigabyte GA-7N400-L motherboard with the nForce ultra 400
chipset, i'm using windows 98 SE for my OS. I enabled the audio in
the BIOS and i enstalled the drivers, however the only audio i get is
from cd's (probably because the cd-rom drive is connected to the
audio codec via cd_in) Anything that uses sound besides playing a cd
will display an error message saying something about an unsupported
format (as if there was no device installed). When i check multimedia
from the control panel, there are no devices to select for the
preferred device for audio playback, the drop down bar is grayed out.
i tried installing newer drivers for the integrated audio but that
didn't do anything. I searched a bit on google and found that a bunch
of people using the VIA chipset were having the same problems as me,
although i couldn't find anybody who was using the nForce chipset and
had this problem.

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=32&threadid=52284
http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=17&threadid=48193

(those are the 2 threads i found where people had a very similar
problem as me, except for a different chipset and different
motherboard)

==============

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:24:37 GMT Its all about soul.No soul,no life
and then "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote :

>"Shep©" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:22:45 GMT Its all about soul.No soul,no life
>> and then "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote :
>>
>> >Hello.
>> >I have a friend that has a computer with a soltec motherboard model
>> >SL-85DR2+ and that has been a nightmare as I just can't get the sound to
>> >work.
>> >It finds the software and everything its just saying that the hardware
>can't
>> >be initialized??????? Never seen something like it....
>> >Anyone out here who had the same problem???? How did you sorted????
>> >Cheers
>> >Carlos
>> >

>> What O/S?
>> What sound card/Chip?
>>

>Wiindows XP Pro
>AC97

AC97 is notorious for being bad to install drivers and then not even
worth the effort IMHO.
You need to set the correct BIOS settings for the sound chip and go to
the mother board maker's site and get the latest mother board sound
drivers also see Mother board Manual.
Better still buy any cheap PCI sound card as it will be a lot easier
and better and disable the on board sound completely.