  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2004 2:32:22 AM

I recently boubght 19" CRT monitor and have noticed that my system
often seems slower when I set the screen to above 1024 dpi. Much of my
time on the computer is spent working with scanned slides which takes
up a lot of memory with programes that load a number of the 40 M image
files.at a time, and I often have more than 1 graphics programs runing
simultaneously.

As I have no idea how much memory it takes to run the monitor I was
wondering if going from a 15" to 19" takes a lot of extra RAM. I have
a P4 2 G CPU, 1 G DDR RAM installed, and 14 G free on the C drive.

Thanks
Mike

More about : monitor size amount ram

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2004 3:12:21 AM

The size of the monitor has NO effect on the speed of the system. The video
resolution has a lot to do with the speed of the image drawing. And that is
dependent on how powerful the video card is; or worse yet, if you're using
an on-board graphics adapter (very slow).

--
DaveW

!