Nero 5.5 + Pioneer DVR108

Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my new
drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its oem
however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his new one
woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I need
nero 6 or is it something else ?
4 answers Last reply
More about nero pioneer dvr108

    i got nec dvd burner.it wouldn't burn dvd's until a patched nero 5 to the
    latest ver.you could try that it should work :)
    "Richard Rollins" <rej@rollins2379.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my new
    > drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its oem
    > however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his new
    one
    > woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I need
    > nero 6 or is it something else ?

    versions of nero that come with a burner ONLY work with that burner.

    "Richard Rollins" <rej@rollins2379.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my
    new
    > drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its
    oem
    > however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his
    new one
    > woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I
    need
    > nero 6 or is it something else ?

    I just checked Nero's site and found no support for the 108 only for the
    107.

    "Richard Rollins" <rej@rollins2379.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my new
    > drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its oem
    > however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his new
    one
    > woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I need
    > nero 6 or is it something else ?

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:46:24 +0100, Richard Rollins while doing time
    wrote:

    > Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my new
    > drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its oem
    > however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his new one
    > woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I need
    > nero 6 or is it something else ?

    Congratulations on you 108. Make sure you uninstall the driver for the
    old drive and then install the driver for the DVR108. Make sure Nero
    points to the new DVDRW device and verify using Nero's system/device info.
    You should be able to burn with Nero if XP can burn with Nero.

Homebuilt Pioneer Nero Systems