Nero 5.5 + Pioneer DVR108

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
August 22, 2004 2:46:24 AM

Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my new
drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its oem
however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his new one
woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I need
nero 6 or is it something else ?

More about : nero pioneer dvr108

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 22, 2004 2:46:25 AM

i got nec dvd burner.it wouldn't burn dvd's until a patched nero 5 to the
latest ver.you could try that it should work :)
"Richard Rollins" <rej@rollins2379.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my new
> drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its oem
> however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his new
one
> woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I need
> nero 6 or is it something else ?

August 22, 2004 2:46:25 AM

versions of nero that come with a burner ONLY work with that burner.

"Richard Rollins" <rej@rollins2379.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my
new
> drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its
oem
> however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his
new one
> woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I
need
> nero 6 or is it something else ?

Related resources
August 22, 2004 7:41:42 AM

I just checked Nero's site and found no support for the 108 only for the
107.

"Richard Rollins" <rej@rollins2379.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my new
> drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its oem
> however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his new
one
> woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I need
> nero 6 or is it something else ?

August 22, 2004 7:48:30 AM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:46:24 +0100, Richard Rollins while doing time
wrote:

> Just got a Pioneer DVR108 and I cant write cd/dvd using nero with my new
> drive, I can with xp's own burning system. Is it Nero, I think its oem
> however it did come with a serial number when my mates cdrw died his new one
> woudln't work with his copy of nero, no serial number with his. Do I need
> nero 6 or is it something else ?

Congratulations on you 108. Make sure you uninstall the driver for the
old drive and then install the driver for the DVR108. Make sure Nero
points to the new DVDRW device and verify using Nero's system/device info.
You should be able to burn with Nero if XP can burn with Nero.
!