But now I have a new issue. Win XP Pro doesn't recognize my S-ATA
drive. I have an Asus A8V motherboard, seems liek I need to load a disk
driver from floppy using F6, but which driver and where can I get that?
Also, if I load Win XP 64-bit will it most likely load without having
to do the floppy?
2 answers Last reply
More about loading sata drive

    Just search google for a silicon 3112 sata driver if that's what your board
    has or better yet, go on your motherboards website and get the drivers save
    the file to disk. When you install windows XP, press F6 and when it says so,
    insert that disk.

    <jbrandonbb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > But now I have a new issue. Win XP Pro doesn't recognize my S-ATA
    > drive. I have an Asus A8V motherboard, seems liek I need to load a disk
    > driver from floppy using F6, but which driver and where can I get that?
    > Also, if I load Win XP 64-bit will it most likely load without having
    > to do the floppy?

    The SATA & RAID are on the motherboard CD - if you have another PC to copy
    them to floppy, and use F6 during install. I don't think XP 64-bit would be
    any different. The CD contains a 'makedisk' utility for this purpose.
    The board ships set up for RAID. I think you have to move a jumper on the
    board is you don't want raid, but just want to use SATA. Still think you
    need the Fastrak drivers though...

    There are various versions of the Promise raid drivers or
    <jbrandonbb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > But now I have a new issue. Win XP Pro doesn't recognize my S-ATA
    > drive. I have an Asus A8V motherboard, seems liek I need to load a disk
    > driver from floppy using F6, but which driver and where can I get that?
    > Also, if I load Win XP 64-bit will it most likely load without having
    > to do the floppy?

Homebuilt Floppy Disk Windows XP Systems