Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
August 22, 2004 11:29:29 AM

But now I have a new issue. Win XP Pro doesn't recognize my S-ATA
drive. I have an Asus A8V motherboard, seems liek I need to load a disk
driver from floppy using F6, but which driver and where can I get that?
Also, if I load Win XP 64-bit will it most likely load without having
to do the floppy?

More about : loading win sata drive

August 22, 2004 3:55:49 PM

Just search google for a silicon 3112 sata driver if that's what your board
has or better yet, go on your motherboards website and get the drivers save
the file to disk. When you install windows XP, press F6 and when it says so,
insert that disk.

<jbrandonbb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> But now I have a new issue. Win XP Pro doesn't recognize my S-ATA
> drive. I have an Asus A8V motherboard, seems liek I need to load a disk
> driver from floppy using F6, but which driver and where can I get that?
> Also, if I load Win XP 64-bit will it most likely load without having
> to do the floppy?

August 22, 2004 8:35:20 PM

The SATA & RAID are on the motherboard CD - if you have another PC to copy
them to floppy, and use F6 during install. I don't think XP 64-bit would be
any different. The CD contains a 'makedisk' utility for this purpose.
The board ships set up for RAID. I think you have to move a jumper on the
board is you don't want raid, but just want to use SATA. Still think you
need the Fastrak drivers though...

There are various versions of the Promise raid drivers or

!