printing with a multifunction scanner/printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 6, 2004 2:51:17 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I am contemplating on buying a multifunction scanner/printer device
(probably the Epson RX500). I also have a good laser printer (HP 2300) for
my everyday and final B&W copy. Is it possible to scan with the RX500 and
print to the laser in one step? I know I could scan to a file and then
print that file, but that is a pain. Plus, it must be wife-proof (if you
know what I mean)
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 2:51:18 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

In article <AuydnddIU5v75KHcRVn-qQ@comcast.com>, cklatzkin@hotmail.com
says...

>I am contemplating on buying a multifunction scanner/printer device
>(probably the Epson RX500). I also have a good laser printer (HP 2300) for
>my everyday and final B&W copy. Is it possible to scan with the RX500 and
>print to the laser in one step? I know I could scan to a file and then
>print that file, but that is a pain. Plus, it must be wife-proof (if you
>know what I mean)

I dont have that scanner, so I dont really know, but it seems safe to
assume that if the unit has a Copy button, that button probably assumes the
same printer.

But that user manual is online at Epson,
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.js...
oid=26321

and it also describes a copy to computer feature (using Epson Smart Panel
software), where you can specify which printer in the regular way. This is
still a copy operation, with a printer destination instead of a file
destination, but slightly harder than just a Copy button.

--
Wayne
http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

Sometimes running two devices on usb ports at the same time can cause
difficulties. You could run into a situation where you would have to finish
scanning before you print to a different printer if both are usb devices.

Paul Riemerman

"Charlie Klatzkin" <cklatzkin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am contemplating on buying a multifunction scanner/printer device
> (probably the Epson RX500). I also have a good laser printer (HP 2300)
> for
> my everyday and final B&W copy. Is it possible to scan with the RX500 and
> print to the laser in one step? I know I could scan to a file and then
> print that file, but that is a pain. Plus, it must be wife-proof (if you
> know what I mean)

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 1:02:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

In message <a_6dnWIhEumA4KHcRVn-vw@august.net>, Wayne Fulton
<nospam@invalid.com> writes
>In article <AuydnddIU5v75KHcRVn-qQ@comcast.com>, cklatzkin@hotmail.com
>says...
>>

>>I am contemplating on buying a multifunction scanner/printer device
>>(probably the Epson RX500). I also have a good laser printer (HP 2300) for
>>my everyday and final B&W copy. Is it possible to scan with the RX500 and
>>print to the laser in one step? I know I could scan to a file and then
>>print that file, but that is a pain. Plus, it must be wife-proof (if you
>>know what I mean)
>

>I dont have that scanner, so I dont really know, but it seems safe to
>assume that if the unit has a Copy button, that button probably assumes the
>same printer.

My scanner has a copy/print button and in the software I can choose
which printer to send it to - by default mine is set to print to the fax
driver, but I could quite easily change that to either my printer or pdf
print driver.

--
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
tlatwightpropertydotcom