printing with a multifunction scanner/printer

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I am contemplating on buying a multifunction scanner/printer device
(probably the Epson RX500). I also have a good laser printer (HP 2300) for
my everyday and final B&W copy. Is it possible to scan with the RX500 and
print to the laser in one step? I know I could scan to a file and then
print that file, but that is a pain. Plus, it must be wife-proof (if you
know what I mean)
3 answers Last reply
More about printing multifunction scanner printer
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

    In article <AuydnddIU5v75KHcRVn-qQ@comcast.com>, cklatzkin@hotmail.com
    says...

    >I am contemplating on buying a multifunction scanner/printer device
    >(probably the Epson RX500). I also have a good laser printer (HP 2300) for
    >my everyday and final B&W copy. Is it possible to scan with the RX500 and
    >print to the laser in one step? I know I could scan to a file and then
    >print that file, but that is a pain. Plus, it must be wife-proof (if you
    >know what I mean)

    I dont have that scanner, so I dont really know, but it seems safe to
    assume that if the unit has a Copy button, that button probably assumes the
    same printer.

    But that user manual is online at Epson,
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&
    oid=26321

    and it also describes a copy to computer feature (using Epson Smart Panel
    software), where you can specify which printer in the regular way. This is
    still a copy operation, with a printer destination instead of a file
    destination, but slightly harder than just a Copy button.

    --
    Wayne
    http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

    Sometimes running two devices on usb ports at the same time can cause
    difficulties. You could run into a situation where you would have to finish
    scanning before you print to a different printer if both are usb devices.

    Paul Riemerman

    "Charlie Klatzkin" <cklatzkin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am contemplating on buying a multifunction scanner/printer device
    > (probably the Epson RX500). I also have a good laser printer (HP 2300)
    > for
    > my everyday and final B&W copy. Is it possible to scan with the RX500 and
    > print to the laser in one step? I know I could scan to a file and then
    > print that file, but that is a pain. Plus, it must be wife-proof (if you
    > know what I mean)

  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

    In message <a_6dnWIhEumA4KHcRVn-vw@august.net>, Wayne Fulton
    <nospam@invalid.com> writes
    >In article <AuydnddIU5v75KHcRVn-qQ@comcast.com>, cklatzkin@hotmail.com
    >says...
    >>

    >>I am contemplating on buying a multifunction scanner/printer device
    >>(probably the Epson RX500). I also have a good laser printer (HP 2300) for
    >>my everyday and final B&W copy. Is it possible to scan with the RX500 and
    >>print to the laser in one step? I know I could scan to a file and then
    >>print that file, but that is a pain. Plus, it must be wife-proof (if you
    >>know what I mean)
    >

    >I dont have that scanner, so I dont really know, but it seems safe to
    >assume that if the unit has a Copy button, that button probably assumes the
    >same printer.

    My scanner has a copy/print button and in the software I can choose
    which printer to send it to - by default mine is set to print to the fax
    driver, but I could quite easily change that to either my printer or pdf
    print driver.

    --
    Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
    tlatwightpropertydotcom