Can't Remove Bezel From Antec SX635BII Case

I sent the message below to Antec last week and got no answer, so I'm
posting it here. (Do others typically get replies from Antec?)

I have a SX635BII computer case I bought about 6 months ago. I cannot
remove the upper half of the front bezel. It has these rectangular
"buttons" on each side with small bumps/nubs on them that I believe
are intended to release the upper bezel. I can depress the right hand
one and the right side comes free, but it is not possible to depress
the one on the left side. Thus, the left side will not come free and
I cannot remove the bezel.

What do I do to remove the bezel?

jim

tool

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

I know my case is slightly tricky, look for little fingers on the
inside all the way in the front, you may have to dislodge them 1 by
1. My case for instance has 2 fingers that click into place when you
push the faceplate firmly in, so you have to unclick one side, then
push it out slightly, then unclick the other side and it just falls
right out.. It takes a really thin and long flat-head screwdriver to
get all the way to the front with the bays in the way, but see if you
don't have something like that. Mine even has fake screws so it looks
like you have to unscrew them but you don't. Hope that helps, I
looked at some pics of your case and I can't see anything that helps,
so if what I said doesn't aid you, post a description of what you see
looking at the back of the bezel from the inside, good luck and
again, I hope this helps a bit.

==============

Jim, let me ask the obvious: Did you remove the side panel first? I have
the same exact case, and I can't get the front bezel to come off without
removing the side panel first.
"jim evans" <jimsnews@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> I sent the message below to Antec last week and got no answer, so I'm
> posting it here. (Do others typically get replies from Antec?)

> I have a SX635BII computer case I bought about 6 months ago. I cannot
> remove the upper half of the front bezel. It has these rectangular
> "buttons" on each side with small bumps/nubs on them that I believe
> are intended to release the upper bezel. I can depress the right hand
> one and the right side comes free, but it is not possible to depress
> the one on the left side. Thus, the left side will not come free and
> I cannot remove the bezel.
>
> What do I do to remove the bezel?
>
> jim

That did it -- thanks.

This makes life difficult. I've not had a case before (at least since
the 80's) that requires the side panel be removed to remove the bezel.
Where my box is located it's difficult to remove the side panel, but I
can easily slide the box forward a little and get to the bezel.

jim

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:29:58 -0400, "tom418" <lembessis@cox.net>
wrote:

>Jim, let me ask the obvious: Did you remove the side panel first? I have
>the same exact case, and I can't get the front bezel to come off without
>removing the side panel first.
>"jim evans" <jimsnews@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I sent the message below to Antec last week and got no answer, so I'm
>> posting it here. (Do others typically get replies from Antec?)

>> I have a SX635BII computer case I bought about 6 months ago. I cannot
>> remove the upper half of the front bezel. It has these rectangular
>> "buttons" on each side with small bumps/nubs on them that I believe
>> are intended to release the upper bezel. I can depress the right hand
>> one and the right side comes free, but it is not possible to depress
>> the one on the left side. Thus, the left side will not come free and
>> I cannot remove the bezel.
>>
>> What do I do to remove the bezel?
>>
>> jim

jim

I guess that Antec's philosophy is that if it provides a lock on the side
panel, they don't want a thief breaking in through the front. In my
neighborhood, thieves usually go for cars and jewelry, not memory chips from
inside one's P.C. LOL! :) I'm glad I was able to help.